Chapter 1

Stab, duck, dodge, prairie, slash, slash, block. The two cloaked figures danced around one another, their assaults swift and merciless, each blow precise to the point of perfection. They exchanged strikes as if it were conversation, never missing a beat. 

The air around them was tense in anticipation, steel on steel being the only sound as their blades collided. The smaller man avoided another assaile, his footwork fluid as he ducked to the right. His opponent was with him, sending another ruthless flurry of blows his way. Time slowed as the latter's sword caught on the hem of his cape, tearing a ragged gash down the material. The man growled in annonce before dropping to the ground and rolling to the side. 'Screw this' he grabbed the cape and ripped it away, hood and all, black hair twisting around his face as he charged at his attacker. He switched to offence, nipping underneath a blow and counteracting to the side before coming back up with his sword raised. This went on for a while, both men switching between defence and offence. The black haired man suddenly lunged to the left, sweeping a leg out and hitting the back of his rival's calf. His foe stumbled. A fatal mistake. 

In a second he had the man on his back, sword resting on his jugular as he raised a brow critically. "Yield" His tone was dry and unamused, lips pulled into a grim line.

 "You forget what I am," the defeated figure said. "And you forget our current predicament" The ebony haired man stated. "You are no more than an inconvenience to me, a trivial if you will. It is you Who forgets what I am Chaos." He stared him down, his sea green eyes flashing dangerously in the weak evening light of the heath, the old glint gone, replaced with the hardened gaze of a seasoned warrior. "Get up and go. Again."

He turned his back on Chaos, straightening his armor, and walking back to his original point. "No matter what you do you'll never get her back" He halted, head tilting upward as his shoulders went ridgid. "What did you just say?" His voice no longer numb but shuddering with raw bile. "The quest you have been issued is futile. I am saying this as a friend. None have nor will they ever succeed. Give up percy. She's never going to wake up." Percy didn't turn. He just clenched his jaw. "I have gotten this far, I will succeed and when I do Annabeth and I will be free." At this point he had started to face Chaos again, His eyes rimmed with disgust and hate, deep swirls of loathing crashing within the orb. "I am not giving up, I never will. And don't you DARE speak as if you have a right to her name! I am going to get her back and I'll be DAMNED if I don't." He quickly pressed the long of his blade against Chaos's throat, not even blinking as he drew a dark bead of blood, the cloak soaking it up as Percy glared him down. He replied evenly, a layer of threat hidden beneath his tone. "Listen very carefully. In this world, I am Neos- a coldblooded assassin assigned by you to keep evil at bay. There is a reason this is my identity. It is because Neos is who I truly am. Deep inside, I crave the sense of destruction. I am a monster. I have done things Chaos, things that haunt me. Don't tempt me to repeat those actions" with those final words he stalked out of the garden, leaving the primordial to his dark mind.

A/N:  SOOO..... YES I AM GOING TO CONTINUE THIS STORY! LOL. NOT GONNA LIE IT TOOK A WHILE FOR ME TO SORT OUT WHAT I WANTED TO DO WITH IT, THE FIRST CHAPTER UPDATES ARE GONNA BE SLOW AS I'M GETTING THE FLOW OF THE PLOT BUT THE UPDATES WILL (HOPEFULLY) BE GETTING QUICKER AND A LOT LONGER AS I GO!!!  AS PROMISED I AM GONNA TRY NOT TO MAKE THIS CHAOS STORY CLICHE (IS THAT EVEN HOW SPELL THAT?? LOL) BUT THERE MIGHT BE SOME EVER SO OFTEN.  

I'D REALLY LOVE IT IF YOU GUYS COMMENTED! I ENJOY HEARING WHAT PARTS YOU LIKE, AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ALWAYS WELCOME!!!!

ANYWAY THATS EMERY OUT!