Chapter 15 - Fifty Grand

Your POV

     "Last night was so much fun," I gushed dreamily, wiggling my sore feet. It's about 6:50 right now, and I've been awake for thirty minutes because I am still caught in last night's spell. I felt like Cinderella... uh, almost, sorta. I'm wide awake, but I can't pull myself out of bed for school.

     "You're still talking about it?" Hiro asked from his bed.

     "It was like from a movie."

     Uh, not to mention, HiroandIhadsomemomentslikeasdfghjkl. I internally squealed and hugged my pillow. I don't know about this feeling, but I really like it. A lot.

    "If you don't hurry up, you'll be late," Hiro warned. I groaned because I just remembered he doesn't have class today. Gah. Lucky.

     I went through the normal routine and ended up going down to the café early. "Hey Aunt Cass."

     "Hi honey. Are you going to school today?"

     "Yeah, but Hiro isn't."

     "Okay. Do you want a piece of the cranberry bread? It just came fresh out of the oven."

     "Ooh, yes please."

     As I waited for the bread, my ears perked up when I heard the breaking news come on.

     "This is breaking news. A report just came in that fifty thousand dollars has just been stolen from the local bank. There was no big disturbance but when the vault was open for withdrawal, workers realized that fifty grand has been stolen. Surprisingly, there were no trace of someone breaking in and none of the security cameras has been vandalized, but it didn't catch anything suspicious either. The investigation is currently going on right now."

     I shook my head. How is that even possible? Shrugging, I took the bread from Aunt Cass' hands and headed towards SFITA.

     Everything was sort of low key for the week. Nothing really big happened except for the fact that fifty grand has been stolen each day, sometimes even twice. The problem is, we tried to track the person down, except they do it at the most unpredictable times and when we were camping out, we all accidently fell asleep on the job. The cameras can't seem to capture anything either. I have a hunch that the mastermind we met the other day is the one behind it. Like, think about it. It would only make sense because the cameras couldn't catch anything and we can't find any evidence, so it has to be the invisible microbots. But why fifty grand each day?

     Something was up with Hiro too. Like he's trying to hide something but he's not doing so well. He's also been really quiet and like, I don't know, deep in thought or something because he wasn't talking to me. And he's been really jumpy whenever I'm around.

     I was so deep in thought, I didn't realize Hiro snuck up behind me.

     "Boo!" he shouted into my ear. Shrieking, I jumped and swung my hand out, accidently slapping his face. He recoiled, rubbing his cheek.

     Instead of apologizing, I smirked. "Serves you right."

     He narrowed his eyes at me. "You don't even say sorry?"

     "I'm not. You've been avoiding me."

     He looked away, his face flushed. "Uh, sorry I suppose?"

     I punched his arm.

     "Ow!" Hiro rubbed it. "What was that for?!"

     "For ignoring me." Then I punched him again. "And that was for the half apology."