Chapter 1

The weather had taken a turn in the city, and Naina was strolling casually on the streets when it got a bit cloudy. Hoping it will get clear in a while, Naina manage to get herself a coffee from a nearby cafe....

She felt unexplainable restlessness in her bones and she thought a nice quiet stroll outside would soothe her nerves....

Sipping from a steaming cup she savour it as it slightly burn her tongue, and now cradling the cup closer to her chest , she took a turn towards the direction to her mind and settle her nerves. It often gets different to take some time out for herself , so she decided to make a habit out of it.....

Particularly today is a different day as some of the unwanted thoughts were continuously pondering in her brain.... She wanted to express her thoughts to someone but was unable to say........ even she didn't want to regret it in future......

Naina's POV:-

It's not like I am an exception, of course I have regrets in my life that I would rather not to think about, but there is no escaping it today........
I sighed and closed my eyes......
Pleasant images from the past flashes before her eyes the carefree , silly and happier days from a few years ago and shook her head hoping to chase them away.......
Sighing heavily she stood up.......

End of Naina's POV

She went towards her home...... before plopping n bed she closed the door and made herself comfortable.... Till then her coffee was finished she kept it way ....... She was about to take a story book from the side table suddenly her phone rang.......she took it from the side table saw the caller ID......
It was her mom......

Naina sat up straight when she saw the caller ID and instantly clicked the answer tab....

Hey mom!!
Hey princess.....
Oh, are you okay??...

Hearing her voice puts a small smile on my face and I sighed contently

Where were you! I have been calling you from past 30 minutes?

Sorry mumma for making you worried I was out and forgotten to my phone with me.....

Is everything okay baccha?

Yeah is absolutely okay what will happen I went to take a walk.....

Oh, okay!!!!

She was not satisfied with my answer but she didn't dragged it further....

Anyways tum kesi ho??
I am fine mumma... Papa kese hai??
Bacha tumko toh pata hai that your dad feels better when you are here.......

Mumma don't worry I will be there next weekend.....

After talking few minutes I gather my courage to ask the only thought which was nagging me this days......

Mumma ek baat puchu???
Haa bacha pucho ......

I swallowed a lump in my throat before speaking .....

Maa , am I a good daughter??
Of course!
She answered it without thinking a second but was taken back by this question......

Why would you think this way princess, tum ek esi beti ho jo har parents chahte hai..... you don't know how much we love you baby......

Tears were continuously spilling out from my eyes......

Mmmmm
I just.....

Without beating around the bush mumma asked me the

Tell me what is bothering you baby??

Mumma I feel like I have not been a good daughter....
I... I haven't been..
I haven't been around much you know
How do I explain???

Bacha don't explain...... mujhe pta hai that you never mean to do ..... Aur most important thing tum kabhi bhi apne feeling ko acche se express nhi kr paati ho so leave it......

Last part of the sentence made me chuckle and mom had a huge smile on her face......

Mom!!!!!
I missed your all !!!!!!

Princess we missed you to but now you are coming back, we are more than happy.....

I feel disappointed mom..... nevermind....
Mein aa rhi hu this weekend.....
By the way maa.....
Ummmm!!

What happened princess say ......

Mom how is he???
I have already told you about your dad.....

No mom I am asking about Aryan.........

She kept silent for a while and said......

He misses you and I guess he is angry with you but there lots of emotions within him.... It has been years you guys are in touch.... He is doing good and have became like a son to us....... Come back soon and solve the misunderstanding between you two..... And one more thing it's good to make new friends but one should not leave the old genuine friend back in search of new.....
Now I have to go baby take care love you bye.....

Bye mom......

After talking Naina kept the phone and thinking each and everything she went to sleep...........
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Bye guys
Will update soon
Do vote and comment
See you soon
Stay safe 🙏