𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

THRANDUIL WASN'T HAVING THE BEST DAY.

But who would if they had been stuck in a Royal Council meeting from early hours in the morning?

Ever since they had arrived from Lothlórien, the Woodland Realm had enjoyed some peace - Except for Robin and her pranks, that is. - Until, soon enough, the damned dwarves decided to join the Last Alliance.

Lord Elrond had sent a party of elves from Imladris to deliver the news and to try to persuade his father to let the Woodland Army prepare to ride for war. But, like before, King Oropher was adamant on where he stood.

"The woodland realm will not fight." King Oropher stated, tired of having to repeat himself to the stubborn elves from Rivendell.

"And I understand, your highness." Lord Aradhel, an elf who had just recently joined the meeting, answered. Thranduil hadn't had much experience with him, except fighting in a couple of tournaments over the years. "But now that King Durin IV of Khazad-dûm also joined the alliance and has sent a force of Durin's Folk to Imladris- "

"We could not care less about what some dwarf-king has decided to do or not." Exclaimed Lord Hithaer, a red-headed elf who had been a part of the King's court from the very first moment, and who was very stern and vocal about his opinions. He had a sharp tongue and was one of the King's most trusted Lords. Thranduil had never understood what his father saw in him, and Oropher seemed persuaded by Hithaer's words too much for his liking. "There is no need to waste valuable Woodland lives fighting an unfounded cause, especially if they are lost fighting by the side of dwarves."

You see, Lord Hithaer was the first elf to disagree with Oropher's decision to join the Last Alliance. He had argued that Gil-galad could not be trusted and that he was waiting to invade the Woodland Realm as soon as the war was over. He had even claimed that Lady Galadriel had "Placed an enchantment on the King, clouding his judgment and controlling his mind so that he would work in their favor."

And as much as Thranduil would have wanted to agree with him, he knew none of that was true. The Prince, surprisingly for some, had recently started to support his father's decision to join the Alliance. Lord Hithaer had been very outspoken about it lately, even claiming that the Prince "Had also been put under the spell of that golden-haired witch."

To Thranduil, Lord Hithaer was just a snobbish, greedy elf who resented everyone who disagreed with him. And if people thought that the Prince and King held a huge dislike towards dwarves, Lord Hithaer's hate truly unmatched everyone else's.

But what bothered the Woodland Prince the most, was that the dislikable Lord had begun to notice Robin's presence in their halls. He had even started to ask the King very annoying questions that Oropher refused to answer. Needless to say, if this Lord didn't keep his nose in his own business, things would stir very soon.

And that's when his train of thought was directed to Robin Hood.

They had to change their training hours for the day due to this meeting. Therefore, they would train after lunch, instead of in the morning like they did every day.

He couldn't wait to get out of this room. His head had started pounding hours ago, and his fifth cup of wine laid empty on the table for what had seemed like an eternity. The endless and pointless arguing was driving him insane, and somehow the notion of getting rid of all these useless Lords seemed very tempting.

He sighed. What he would give to be anywhere else right now, rather than being stuck with these irritating elves.

And to think he would have been training with Robin right now. At least that was more interesting than being stuck on that damned council chair.