chapter 1 - the first encounter

- angela -

The wind tickles my face with a strand of my long brown hair, having the instant reaction to push it behind my ears. I lay on the cold fluffy grass on my front lawn with a book besides me. I started my summer reading to get it over with but I realized that books are actually quite entertaining. I can imagine the story in my mind without actually watching a movie or film. I can understand now why people tend to think that a book is better than the movie based off of it, in a book you're practically making your own movie in your head. Besides that I'm really not looking forward to school. I don't really enjoy many classes. I don't even like English, and that's rare for someone who loves to write and read. I find school as a bore and just plain useless. I'm not saying that I'm bad, I actually do very well in school, I'm personally just saying it's boring. The only thing non-boring is seeing my best friend in school. Her name is Lyss. Well, that's what most people call her. God she's a lunatic. But I do say she gets me to go to school. Ugh Lyss, the role model student, completes homework early, early, raises her hand in like every single class. She is most definitely a try hard, but I love her. I forgot to mention, me and Lyss have been best friends since like kindergarten. We have been going to school for as long as I can remember. But this year is a fresh start. Me and Lyss have been planning this day for over 2 years. We were transferring to a different school. It's a private school, not too far away. Luckily we were smart enough to get it and we're so excited.

"Angel! Help me set the table dinner's almost ready!" My mom shouts as she closes the window and heads back into the kitchen.

I reply in agreement and pick up my book planning to place it down as I walk in my warm house.

I sniff in the hot broth of my favorite soup, placing every utensil neatly on our dinning room table.

"Angel, could you get the waters too please?" I nod and get 4 cups from our dishwasher, soon filling each up with 3 ice cubes and half a cup of water.

~~~

The dinner was delicious, my mom makes such good food she's the best. All I'm thinking about is my book as I help my mom place the wet dishes into the dishwasher.

"Thanks again mom, it was delicious" I say with a happy tone, wondering how the book ends I start doing my night routine and take a quick shower. I brush my teeth and get ready and soon comes my favorite part of the day, night. I like the night because everything is silent. It's when my thoughts can be processed without distractions. What I like the most is escaping the night and reading. Reading puts me to sleep. It relieves my mind and how I feel. It gets my mind distracted to the reality of the present. As I'm reading the last sentence of the chapter, my eyes wonder off into a deep darkness.

The only thing that goes into my mind is the realization of my new school.

~~~

We had pancakes for breakfast and if you need to know something about me is that pancakes are probably my most favorite food on this entire planet. Once again made by my chef mother. I thank her and start getting ready for my first day of school.

"Mom have you seen my dress I bought?" I frantically shout from my bedroom as I scatter through my messy drawers.

"I have it sweetie! I gave it an extra wash last night." Oh how could I deserve a mother like this.

My smile shows my gratitude as I thank her once more then change out of my pjs into the dress.