Chapter 1

Finally.

The start of September had arrived, indicating the end of the summer vacation and ushering in the start of a new school year. Whereas normal teenagers would be whining about how much they hated attempting high school, you were super excited to see your friends again that you had to miss for two months, because you had gone to France with your mother for the entirety of the holidays.

Your father never really had been in the picture since you were born, so he was no part of your life.

You cracked your eyes open, still lying in bed. The window of your room was open and the breeze from outside was playing with the white curtains, making them flutter. You stayed where you were for the moment, under the soft (F/C) covers nestled amongst the (F/C) pillows, making you feel comfortable.

But only for a moment.

After getting up for breakfast and brushing your teeth, you gathered some of your (H/L), (H/C) hair and put a clip in it, before throwing on the clothes that you had selected the night before. Nothing too special, just a comfortable pair of light blue stretch jeans and a cute, fluffy orange blouse that fit you just right.

The nervousness bubbling in your chest made you speed down the stairs two steps at a time while you called out to your mom, who was inside of the kitchen, cleaning up the table.

"I'm off to school, later mom!"

"Have fun at school!" She waved after you with an encouraging smile.

After snatching your bag that was sitting just next to the door, you stepped outside, at the same time taking a deep inhale of fresh air.

Woodsboro High was only five to ten minutes away by foot so you never really had to worry about getting late.

However, you barely just rounded the corner of the street when out of nowhere, two large hands clamped before your eyes, obscuring your vision and nearly making you jump out of your skin in surprise, as well as almost causing you to stumble over your own two feet.

You were one second away from elbowing the stranger in the gut, weren't it for the very recognizable cackle that vibrated through their chest. "Guess who?"

The person prowled around you and as soon as their hands were lifted from your eyes, you were met by the handsome face of none other than Stuart Macher, who had lowered himself to meet your eyelevel, grinning like the innocent, shining ball of goofiness he was. "Well, well... If it ain't miss (Y/N). How are you doin', babe? It's been ages!"

Stu had always been very attractive with his athletic build and dimples that carved into his cheek whenever he flashed those perfect, pearly whites of his. To you though, it were his eyes that stood out the most. They were entrancing and could shine as bright as stars when they were lighting with excitement.

You didn't fail to notice he had grown even taller over the summer, now easily towering over your small frame. The height difference was a little bit intimidating and made you feel tiny in comparison.

The early morning sunlight hit his short, light brown hair beautifully and accentuated his already bright, blue eyes that were locked onto yours even more.

You placed your hand on your chest to regulate your poor heart that nearly collapsed from the scare. "It's only been two months. I was doing good until you nearly gave me a heart attack, Stuart."

His smile grew even wider at your comment as he slung his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to his side as the two of you continued your trek towards the campus together—him continuously barraging you with series of questions about how your vacation had been and for some reason, if you met any new guy in France.