The Strange Case of Ursa Glade

5/30/20**; 9:23 a.m.

Four teens; McKenzie Stevens(18), Baxter West(17), Corben Gene(17), and Sofia Devinson(16), pull off Rosie Lane in a blue Honda Civic with the intent to hike off-trail in rural Ursa Glade State Park. No reports of strange activity or behavior before timestamp[9:23 a.m.].

5/30/20**; 7:45 p.m.

The parents of the group(names not recorded in this report) contact the police, worried for the health of their children, when they do not respond to calls or texts. Before leaving for the day, Gene had said that the group would "be back around 3-O'clock."

5/30/20**; 11:00 p.m.

A small search party is sent out. The Civic was discovered, but evidence showed no one had been at the location since that morning. The search party continued until timestamp[5:00 a.m.]

6/5/20**; 2:57 a.m. [5 days and 17 hours after last sighting of the victims]

West, Gene, and Devinson are discovered in a delirious state by a Flying-J rest stop employee, 9.4 miles from the Civic's location; Stevens was missing from the group. West, Gene, and Devinson had all suffered minor hypothermia, head injuries, and several scrapes and bruises. Gene had sustained a broken knee as well.

Robbie Call, employed at said rest stop, stated the following when interviewed: "I'd just started to clean up and head home for a beer when the most unearthly noise came from outside. I'd thought to myself, damn raccoons, gettin in the [censored] trash again. I went out the back with a broom and, I swear, I mistook them kids for a pack of [censored] cougars when I saw them first. You don't have to believe me, but I'm pretty damn sure the girl hissed at me. They was huddled around the floodlight, the three of 'em. They looked in a pretty bad shape from where I was standing."

Call then contacted the police at timestamp[2:00 a.m.] and three ambulances arrived at the scene. CT security camera footage shows the arrival of the ambulances at the rest stop. EMTs approached the three, who inexplicably became hostile toward the personnel. Gene and Devinson, with much effort and stuggle, were restrained on the stretchers. West punched one EMT(name not recorded in this report) in the jaw, incapacitating her but not causing permanent damage. West was knocked out with a midazolam shot after 30 minutes of intense struggle.

6/5/20**; 3:42 a.m.

West, Gene, and Devinson are evaluated at Menderson-Rowley Hopspital. Their parents are contacted and informed of their state.

Dr. Johnathan Wilde, the doctor who was on site, stated the following: "I examined Gene first because he seemed to be in the worst state. His knee was definitely dislocated, completely out of the joint. I set it back into place, no problem, and wrapped it up. Then we examined the rest of him. He had a few scratches around his arms and face, but nothing a hiker wouldn't normally have. The most significant injury other than the knee was a large bruise on his sternum."

Detective: "Nurses have said the bruise looks like a bird, do you have anything to say on the matter?"

Dr. Wilde:"Bruises can looks like anything anyone wants them to. As for me, it looks like a bruise."

Nurses who examined West and Devinson reported similar bruises on the sternum of the two.

6/6/20**; 10:30 a.m.

West, Gene, and Devinson are released into the custody of their parents and return home

6/6/20**; 1:05 p.m.

Detectives and local officers attempt to interrogate the three victims. West and Gene were completely unresponsive. Detectives marked it down to PTSD of what they could have possibly experienced. Devinson, however, responed to a few questions.