Up in flames

James POV:
"Get out of my way" Ru had stormed into his dressing room, pushing me out of the way in the process. "Oi what's the mattuh RuRu" I said, he turned towards me coldly and replied "you know damn well what the matter is, I don't think I should have to say it" I looked into his eyes with confusion, but then with understanding. Ru and I weren't official, he even encouraged me to find a cover up. A cover up to shield our 'relationship' from the public eye. I knew he was talking about Claire, the woman I had been using as a cover up for the past eight months. It really was just a cover up at first, honestly it was, but then it became more. I don't have feelings for Claire but we did hook up a few times. I don't regret it but I need to let Ru know how I feel. "It's about Claire, isn't it?" I gazed at the floor awaiting his answer. I heard a low sigh before he spoke "yes. Claire" he said her name with such malice, such unaltered hate, I haven't heard him use that tone with anyone but Phi Phi. "You've been sleeping with her, I thought she was a cover up! A cover up and nothing more James!" He was screaming at this point, all compassion and understanding I had in the beginning was gone, I will not stand for this kind of talk. "Yeah, a 'cover up'. That's what you always wanted, you're embarrassed of me. You are ashamed of what we have and who we are together, you only care about me when I'm in your bedsheets or in your trailer. What Claire and I had was nothing, it was a few flings to get my mind off of.." I paused "this, I don't even know what to call this" I continued, tears forming in my eyes. "I'm always here for you, but always behind the scenes. You never let me come to any of your events or shows. I always invite you to mine, but you don't even care!" I was fully crying at this point. Ru wasn't saying anything, just standing there, jaw clenched and fists tightening. Ru opened his mouth, finally speaking again. "Your shows are movie musicals, they will never be anything compared to my work. Have you seen what I have accomplished?" He questioned, inching closer to me with every spite filled word. "Have you seen the lives I have changed, the people I have made, the queens I had to drag through the coals to get where I am today?! You. Do not. Compare" his nose was almost touching mine when he was done talking. The saliva from his harsh words was on my chin, but the even harsher reality of the situation was on my heart. I took a step back to analyze him, to take a good look at what I had spent my last 12 months on. I was speechless, hoping this was all some sort of sick joke, I couldn't bring myself to speak. "Well?!" Ru yelled, "do you have anything to say? Or should I get back to filming? I'm much too busy to deal with this today" his tone lowered and he sat in his vanity chair. "Just get out, I have to get ready for the race. Meet me in the trailer in 40, this whole conversation has been stressing me out. I'm going to wrinkle if this continues" he started to apply his concealer. "No" I whispered. Ru slowly turned to me, concealer in one hand and makeup sponge in the other. "What" he seethed. "I said no" I barely choked out, "I'm done with you, I have loved you ever since we first started.." I looked at my hands and then back to Ru. "Whatever the hell this is, was, ugh!" My arms open in anger and my patience thinning. "You were the one I wanted to spend my life with, I wanted you and only you. But you threw that away" I turned towards the dressing room door to leave, but turned around to face him once more. "Don't call me, don't come by my house. We're done." I opened the door and began my exit, I could hear his pleading wails as I was walking down the hall. I knew he wanted to try to make things right, but only to keep me where he was comfortable having me. "Behind the scenes" I whispered, that's all I would ever be for him. Wiping my tears I got into the BMW waiting for me outside the studio, "welcome to carpool karaoke!"