Chapter Three

I honestly think that this whole thing is just weird. There is a random cat guarding me and I find cats that try to kill me. Where even is Oliver? Juniper thought. He looked at the cat, who is ignoring eye contact.

"So, why?" Juniper asked. Both of them stopped. Juniper then realized they both had no idea where they were going.

"Why what?" The spotted cat replied.

"Why stay with me? Why come with me? I mean, who even are you?" His questions were asked. He looked intensely at his company.

The spotted cat hesitated. She looked back at Juniper. The cat dipped her head slightly.

"I am Livie, a lost and lonely animal on the streets," Livie introduced herself to the domestic Juniper. The streets were getting a bit quieter. It was just Livie and Juniper.

Juniper didn't know what to really say. The fact that there are plenty of cats, yet she chooses Juniper and that she could've let Juniper to die alone.

"Why are you willing to protect me? I don't know you and you don't know me. We just met, and we're lost cats," Juniper protested. He did not enjoy the cat whom he did know of.

Livie looked at Juniper one more time. She then turned around and started to walk away.

"There is one thing I want," Livie stopped her paws. She tilted her head slightly towards Juniper. "But you do not seem eager for it."

Juniper looked quite concerned. He was curious, Juniper was eager to know what Livie wanted, but he did not want her to be unknown to him.

"What?" Juniper replied. He stepped towards Livie with one paw. Having a clueless glimse in his eye.

Livie spoke, "I've been finding the same scent on a few bodies, but I haven't located the suspect."

"You want me to investigate?"

"But if you want me out, have it your way," Livie assumed.

"Okay, I'll help."

"Wow, and that ought to change your mind about me."

"What!" Juniper looked at the cat with disbelief. He was curious, but wasn't sure to trust this Livie. The sun had already past and it was breezing cold.

Livie smirked, but her eyes looked rather sad than happy. She went on, going the direction away from Juniper. Juniper ran quickly towards the cat with his cold paws.

So, this is my life? To be with a lousy old cat on a random investigation. If I'm lost, where are we going? Juniper had deep thouhts stuck in his mind. He wondered about everything going on, and what would his owner think.

Juniper wanted to worry so much, but his head shook. He did not want to look rather pathetic with Livie. But then again, he is pathetic nonetheless.

"Where are we even going?" Juniper asked. He shifted his head upward towards the fellow feline.

Livie delayed her answer, but later she responded with,"On a dead body scavenger hunt."

"Oh."

Juniper narrowed his eyes and dipped his head slowly. He was feeling extremely exhausted. He then looked up on the moon and the stars. Juniper insisted,"Hey, how about we take a rest."

Livie nodded. They then walked nearby a city wall. Livie curled up her spotted brown fur and closed her cold eyes. Juniper stretched.

I hope I find my home one day, Juniper kept thinking. But he as well curled up his tiring body next to the wall. Juniper slowly closed his blue eyes to sleep.