Chapter 32

"Leo, can you talk to me?" Mark asked quietly as he sat in a chair next to where his brother sat. The resident didn't respond to his brother as he looked at his phone which someone had given to him. Silence filled the room for a moment. Mark watched his brothers finger hesitate over a voicemail on his phone. "Leo."

"I did it Leo. They were trying to get us, but I handled it. You can come home now"

"Leo stop." Mark said placing his hand on Leo's phone. The younger of the siblings pulled his phone from Mark's grasp allowing himself to see it again. Mark sighed as he watched his brother continue to stare at his phone in silence. "They want you to stay here for a few days until they can see if there is-"

"Go away." Leo said quietly.

"Le-"

"Please go away." Leo didn't let Mark stay anything else. Leo turned his phone off and looked away from his brother, he didn't even leave it to make it so he couldn't see Mark out of the corner of his eyes.

"Fine, I'll leave. Derek said he would come check on your later." Mark stood up and headed towards the door. "You can always contact me if you need to." Mark looked back at Leo hoping that he would just say something else, anything else. But no words came. The older of the two siblings walked out of the room and headed to who knows where. 

Leo pulled his knees towards his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs as he tried to contain himself to a small portion of the bed. He looked around the hospital room. It was the same as every other hospital room he happened to work in basically every single day. So why did it feel so different? Maybe that was because for once since he became a doctor he was actually the patient and he had no control over anything.. and he hated that because in the end it terrified him.

Derek stood near the end of the bed that Leo Sloan sat on. He had come in earlier to check on Leo like Mark had said but that was as a doctor now Derek was standing in here as a friend.

"Leo if you want to talk to the police-"

"No." It was one of the few things Derek had gotten Leo to say to him. There were many one word answers that Leo sometimes gave any any other time he was unlikely to answer anyone including Derek and Mark.

"If Jul- if she did this then we don't know else might-"

"No police Derek." Leo laid his head on his bent knees as he sat there. The older doctor sighed as he looked at his use to be friend. Were they friends now?

That was a question for another time

"Fine then, let's think about that option. I won't let you stay at that apartment, Mark wouldn't let you either." Derek stated. Everything he was saying happened to be true as well. Mark definitely wouldn't let Leo go to his apartment if she was there. Also even if they weren't friends Derek still cared about Leo and wouldn't want anything else to happen to him that he could stop.

Silence formed between the two in the room. Leo didn't not even try to figure out how to respond, instead he just sat in the same position not moving from it. 

"Le-"

"I'm tired.. please leave." That was all Leo said. Derek had tried to ask another question but didn't get an answer. Maybe Leo needed some time alone.

"Okay I'm leaving." Derek said. "You know how to contact us if you need anything." The attending waited for a moment before walking towards the door and leaving Leo in there alone.