Death & Revival

My name is Erik Arthur. I was born in the Philippines and later migrated to the US. My life has been filled with misfortunes. First, my parents hate each other's guts, second, my grandparents hate each other's in-laws and third, each of my siblings hate each other.

What kind of family is this? A twisted family! You may say. The answer I got is that they married not for LOVE but money.

Anyways, why am I whining now? People says, "Life is a bed of thorns." For me, it was hell. I spent my life and managed to stay alive till I turned 24 and then died.

After 60 days of my death...

I was in a white lighted room surrounded by walls. There was a chair in the middle. I have no idea what to do. I realized this is the afterlife. Everything around me was white.

["SIT!"] - A loud voice echoed.

I sat down as ordered. I wondered, if this is the realm between world and heaven. So, I thought to make a request. I said loudly... "I wish to be erased from my existence, please."

["SORRY, MY SON. YOU ARE NOT HERE TO BE ERASED BUT TO BE REINCARNATED."]

"No! Please I do not want to be born again in another hell like that!"

["DO NOT WORRY! I WILL SEND YOU TO A WORLD DIFFERENT FROM YOURS SO YOU CAN RELAX! I WILL ALSO GIVE YOU SOME ABILITIES."]

"You are giving me abilities in order to not be killed!!!!" I enquired in confusion. 'Why would he keep me alive? There must be something he wants from me.' I wondered.

[A TRULY INTERESTING PERSON YOU ARE."] The voice said with heartily laugh. I felt a little excitement in his voice.

"By the way, who are you supposed to be?" I felt a little embarrassed but still I asked him.

[I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR OF LIFE ON PLANETS.] The voice said firmly.

'Planets...!!!!' I was shocked to hear the word 'planets'. "You said planets, right?" I said curiously. "You mean, there is life on other planets." I added further.

[YES! MY BOY, THERE IS LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS. THERE IS NOT EVEN LIFE, BUT THERE ARE MANY GALLAXIES, AND UNIVERSES.]

["LET ME COME TO THE POINT, BOY."] The voiced in a serious manner. [THERE IS A UNIVERSE CALLED THE 'MARVEL UNIVERSE'. THERE ARE MANY POWERFUL BEINGS, WHO WANTS TO DOMINATE THAT UNIVERSE. THEY ARE TRYING TO ACHIEVE POWER BEHIND THE BORDERS.] The voice started revealing mysteries.

[I JUST WANT YOU TO BE THE 'GUARDIAN OF MARVEL'. PROTECT THAT UNIVERSE FROM DISTRUCTION WHICH IS GOING TO OCCUR DUE THE CREATURES BORN IN IT.] He continued further.

"But, what is so powerful that these creatures wants to achieve. That can also bring the destruction of their own planet." I enquired because a universe is a powerful entity that so many scientists tried to discover the whole universe back in my world but they failed. And these creatures can achieve something that can put the whole universe in danger. The voice went silent for a while.

[*sigh, THE INNITIAL EXPLOSION THAT BASED THE EXISTENCE OF ALL THE UNIVERSES CALLED THE BIG-BANG, BROUGHT ABOUT SIX PRIMAL ELEMENTAL SINGULARITIES: TIME, REALITY, SOUL, MIND, POWER, AND SPACE. THE ESSENCE OF THE UNIVERSE ITSELF WAS FORGED BY MYSTERIOUS COSMIC BEINGS INTO THE INFINITY STONES.] The shocking information about the formation of the universe was revealed from the Administrator as he talked about the Big-Bang and the Elemental Stones. [NOW, THERE ARE SOME CREATURES THAT WANT TO OBTAIN THOSE STONES TO USE THEM TO BECOME INVINCIBLE.]

Invincible?!

"Can the stones be taken once someone acquires them?" I asked to confirm my suspicion. If the stones can be taken from the one who acquired them. Then it is not invincibility. Invincibility comes with natural powers that a person possess on his own.

[YOUR THEORY IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE CAN FUSE INFINITY STONES WITH THEM. THIS IS NOT INVINCIBILITY IF IT CANNOT BE PERMANENT.]

"So, another question. Why me? You can get another soul to transfer? Why can't I just be free?" I asked my doubts. Why was I chosen? Why didn't he took someone else?

["ABOUT THAT! YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED HATE AND DARKNESS THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE. I KNOW YOU WANT TO EXCAPE THAT. SO, IN MY OPINION, YOU ARE BEST SUITED FOR THIS QUOTTA. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD PROTECT HIS LAND AND HIS LOVED ONES NO MATTER WHAT. REST ASSURED BOY I AM GOING TO INCARNATE YOU AS A VAMPIRE PROGENITOR SO YOU COULD' BUILD YOUR OWN FAMILY BY TURNING SOME PEOPLE INTO SOME POWERFUL VAMPIRES."] He declared. I sensed proud in his tone. 'Was he proud to select someone as me?' I thought.

More importantly his voice is carrying fatherly tone. He is expecting me to protect his land. I cannot let him down. This is the first time someone is talking to me like I am his own child. I cannot let him down.

I was lost in the clouds of my own thoughts when suddenly I was interrupted.

[IT SEEMS YOU MADE UP YOUR MIND BOY. JUST TAKE CARE AND DON'T LET YOURE SORROWS drown YOU. PROTECT YOUR LAND FROM NOW. I AM GIVING A SYSTEM YOU CAN CHECK IT LATER. IF YOU USE IT WISELY, YOU WILL BE 'THE LORD OF INFINITY'.] His voice truly sounded like someone familiar.

[IT WILL GUIDE YOU, FAREWELL SON!] He said those words and my head started to feel dizzy and soon my consciousness faded away.

"W-Wait!" I yelled but everything got fuzzy and my soul disappeared.

Everything I see was darkness. Now I hear heartbeats.

[SYSTEM BONDING....25%....50%....75%.... BONDING COMPLETE! WELCOME HOST TO THE VAMPIRE SYSTEM]

"Oh..!"