Kendall

*I changed to present tense lmao

Waking up with a huge headache, I groaned and flung my pillow across the room hearing my mom yell at me to get up.

——-

"Y/n!" I turn to see Dot running up to me before I entered the school doors.

"Hey, how was last night?

"Eh, he kept mentioning bringing me home like literally every two seconds so I decided he wasn't worth it."

"Sounds like he was desperate to get some." She laughs quietly and nods.

'And you're not?" I scoff and punch her arm, hoping nobody else could hear us.

'Shut up!"

We arrive at my locker and she intently watches as I turn the lock. "Hey, why didn't you answer my FaceTime last night?"

"Oh um," I scramble for something to say as I shove half of my book bag into the 12 inch wide compartment. "My mom forced me to play video games with my brother."

Fuck me, like she would believe that.

Dot's eyebrows scrunch together and then lay flat across her forehead.  "Okay..." I slam the locker in the awkward silence.

"Yeah, he's been bugging me to do something with him since Ive been hanging out with you a lot." I muster a halfhearted smile and her questioning look fades into satisfaction. "You're still coming over later right?"

"Yes-" the bell cuts her off overhead signaling first period. "See ya, y/n/n."

After sitting through two grueling lessons of who knows what, Dot snaps me.

Dot
What do you think?

MeYeah he's hot I guessDotYou guess?Mehe is

Me
Yeah he's hot I guess
Dot
You guess?
Me
he is.
Dot
Good. I got his snap for you
Me
DOT I SWEAR TO GOD
dot
Cmon you need to socialize
Me
Not with fuckboys
Dot
You haven't even met him
Me
You can always tell, who else takes a selfie like that? Talk later. Gtg
Opened >Dot

The day went by agonizingly slow. Dot came by my locker after the last bell saying that she had to go home first before coming over. The halls were clearing out, with just a few straggling students here and there. I forcefully gripped my bag  and yanked it past the opening of the small door, the zipper snagging onto a piece of metal causing an avalanche of papers to spill from the opened pocket. "Goddamn!" I groan and begin picking them up, stuffing them back in and angrily closing the locker door.
I begin down the hall towards the front of the school, book bag in hand when a door springs open a couple yards to my right.

"You are a good kid Peter, I hope this isn't a new reputation you're creating." Another voice murmurs something in return, a boy in a green sweatshirt and loose brown curls bursts out of the same doorway. face twisted in frustration and eyes on the ground, his left foot lands almost on your right one as his shoulder collides with you chest, the force causing you to  turn in the same direction he was walking towards.
I scoffed aloud in disbelief as he continues, acting as though i was never even standing there. 'Douche,' I mutter as the door he exited clanged shut, the boom echoing through the empty school giving me deja vu of last night.

——-

By the time I made it to my house, Dot had already made herself at home in my room.
"What took you so long?" She wondered as I threw my bag on the chest at the end of my bed.
"You'll never believe how f*cking rude this
boy-"
'Was he cute?!"
"DOT! Not everything is about getting laid! Okay!" She frowns and places her hands limp in her lap as she watched me slump onto the bed. "I think he got detention or something 'cus he looked mad as shit when he rammed his shoulder right into me! That sounds stupid but my day was already going great," I exaggerated.

'Well, to change the topic, what about Kendall?"
"Who?"
Dot sighs and turns her phone screen to show the picture she sent earlier. "What about that conversation made you think I want anything to do with him."
'C'mon Y/n! Live a little, you're always complaining about me leaving you when this could be something you're doing." The 'this' being Kendall, whom she was pointing to.

"Why don't you go after him? You're both attractive and every boy falls for you Dot." She bites her top lip, glaring into my eyes. "I'm being serious. I won't complain anymore, I want a relationship but I don't okay? It's confusing. Just talk to him."
"Fine. I will."
'Good."
I lunge myself off of the mattress to go grab my phone from my bag when i remember I left it on the counter downstairs. 'I'll be right back."

A couple minutes later, I push the door open to my room once more. "Sorry, my mom was asking me abo- what are doing?"
Dot had her head hidden behind the curtains to my balcony doors. She snaps back and closes them abruptly.

"I heard something hit the ground out there, it's probably just the wind."

'Yeah..." I reply slowly, my thoughts repeating the events of the night prior. 'I'm just going to check anyway."

I pull the curtains back over the door as Dot places herself on the bed again. I wait for her to pick up the glowing phone before stepping out and closing the door behind me. She couldn't see me and vice versa. looking at the wood planks, there was nothing that could have fallen. I raise my head to look up into the trees and turn back to the door when a presence above me makes my whole body jolt back in fright.

"What are you doing here?!"