War of Hearts by: Ruelle

Walking to the only place I know he'd be I couldn't help but question myself. Why does he make me feel like this? I'm suppose to hate him. Caught up in my thoughts I didn't notice Elijah already staring into my soul.

"Can I help you darling?" his raspy voice lingers in the air, finally snapping me out of my daze.

"Actually for once you can," trying to sound confident I can't help but hate how demanding it sounds.

Shooting a glance at me he closes his book, then stands up out of his chair he once was in. His bold and beautiful green eyes almost made me forget his intimidating stature. I shouldn't have done this. Not noticing this before, but my hands started shaking, grabbing them before Elijah could notice. Sighing he leaned against the cool wall only a few feet away from me. I knew he was frustrated. About what though?

"How can I help you Amelia?" he questions. I can't help the butterflies erupting in my chest just from him saying my name.

"What game are you playing?" cutting to the chase.

"I'm not playing any game. Not anymore" his amusement turning into sorrow.

"What does that mean? Yesterday you were all flirty and now it's like you're avoiding me"

"Maybe because I am!" his brilliant green eyes pierces through my soul making me flinch back. 

Regaining some confidence I mutter out a simple question."Why?"

"Because Amelia I love you and I'm not going to try when you clearly hate me!" not wavering his tone whilst walking away in defeat. 

The butterflies soon grew into birds which I didn't know could happen. Gradually Elijah started to disappear from my line of sight; however, I wasn't going to let that happen again. This man, this cocky, handsome, arrogant, gentle man somehow tore down my walls I've built around my heart. Lifting up my skirt I ran to the thing I feared the most. I will not hide anymore I will not hold back my emotions. 

"You're right! I hate you!" I start to yell. Elijah comes to a halt his frame tense. "I hate that you make me question everything I ever believed in! I hate that I always question myself because of you! I hate that you push me to my breaking point!" 

He starts to walk away after my rant, but I grab his hand. This action made him turn to face me with the sad expression clearly written on his face. Not thinking about it, I press my lips on those alluring lips of his. It only takes a second for Elijah to reciprocate this action. Suddenly this warm feeling started to spread throughout my body like a nice warm blanket. Not once have I ever experienced a kiss like this. I couldn't get enough of him, he is my drug, my light, my life. I couldn't help my wandering fingers as they slip under his shirt feeling his smooth skin that manages to send tingles throughout my body. His too acting on their own, one caressing my face while the other drawing my body closer to his. I slowly start to pull away feeling heat in my cheeks as I look up to a shocked expression.

"But I can't help but love you Elijah."