Key Card

Stella's POV

I looked myself over one last time in the mirror, I decided to wear a long burgundy gown with a slit on one side, I wore some strappy sparkly heels with sparkly earrings and a sparkly bracelet to match. I didn't need a necklace because my dress had a halter neckline. For my hair, I didn't do too much. I kept it classy by just straightening my long brunette hair. The makeup I just kept it subtle with a natural look but remembered to add a bit more highlighter to give myself that golden glow. I grab my purse and phone and make my way downstairs.

As I make my way down the stairs I come to greet my parents. They were really looking forward to the event that was happening tonight. My father's business partner and very good friend William Stone always celebrate their annual charity event every year. A lot of people will be there tonight from business partners to even some celebrities. Since my family is very close to the Stone family, they thought it was a great idea for me to have William's son Sebastian to be my date.

However, there was someone else I would have rather gone with. I know he will be there tonight, I see him there every year. One glance from those mesmerizing emerald eyes and your knees get week. "Stella honey, Sebastian should be here soon, your father and I will see you both later" my mother grabs my attention. "Okay, mom and dad I will see you later. I love you both'' I say while giving her a hug and kiss on the cheek and doing the same thing with my dad.

As my parents leave the house I decide to wait in my living room, moments later the doorbell rings most likely it being Sebastian. I open the front door and there stands Sebastian in a navy blue blazer and navy blue slacks to match with a light blue undershirt. I take in his captivating bright blue eyes. "Stella, wow you look stunning tonight!" He utters "Are you saying I don't look nice every other day?" I say to him. He responds "No no! I didn't mean it like that" I interrupt him while giggling "Seb I'm joking, you look dashing yourself". "Shall we make our way to the car then?" He asks with his hand extended towards me. I nod and hold his hand and we start walking to the car. Being a gentleman he is, he opens the car door for me, and I step in. He hops into the driver seat, and we were on our way to the charity gala.

The gala has been held every year at this five star hotel called Grandview and mostly every year my family ends up staying the night since Sebastian's father and my father host the charity gala, our families end up staying till all the guests leave. I end up just leaving when all the older guests get drunk, and I don't have to do any small talk. But tonight? I have a plan for a certain someone named Harry Styles. Harry and I, well we have been hooking up for the past couple of months and we would even hang casually without the sex. So, I was kind of disappointed he didn't ask me to be his date because he always comes to this gala and since we have been casually hanging out we could have gone together as friends.

I just have this gut feeling he is going to bring some random women because he is definitely wouldn't go by himself, every year he's had a woman clinging on his arm for the night. He will be shocked tonight to see me with Sebastian though because I usually come alone but my parents and Sebastian's parents thought it would be a good look for both of our families if he and I went together. I guess a good image for both of our families and the company. Sebastian is a very a good looking guy and genuinely the nicest guy ever but my motive for tonight is to make Harry jealous and I know being with Sebastian tonight will make it happen. I hope Sebastian doesn't mind...

"Hey Stella, we're here," Sebastian says interrupting my thoughts. He helps me out of the car and hands the keys off to the valet. "Ready to make our families look good Sebastian?" I question. "Well we can try our best Stella" He replies. He extends his arm out to me and I loop my arm through his and we start to walk into the hotel, we make our way into the ballroom of the gala. Candles, beautiful flowers were arranged at each table, and an extravagant chandelier hanging above the empty dance floor. Many people are chatting and sipping champagne and Sebastian and I notice both of our parents, so we go up to greet them and my father hands me my key card for my room tonight. After we chat for a little bit, we decided to leave to chat with other people at the gala and Sebastian decided to go to the bar to get us both drinks, because we both need those to survive this night.