CHAPTER 16

"Soon, it will be one year since the last time all of us gathered here for the celebration of my sixty-first birthday," the former Supreme Dragon said in a soft, melancholic voice. "Today, it's another opportunity for us to celebrate, and this time it's about family lost and found."

"I'll always drink to that," Liam said in his usual, cheerful voice, gaining the enthusiastic approval of all the others.

"Thank you, my dear." Alastair gave him a paternal look. "The deities have blessed you with a heart of gold. And, since it seems everyone else agrees with this beautiful soul here, I want you to consider this man," he gestured to Thaddeus, "as one of us and give him the love and respect he deserves."

"Consider it done, Great-Uncle." Daniel nodded, backed by his cousins and their life partners. "For me, Mister MacGregor is already a hero. I'm proud and honored to welcome him into the family."

"I—I don't know what to say." The gray-haired man stood, casting a look around the table, his eyes lingering a little more on Ezra, Peyton and Justin. "I'll do my best not to disappoint you," he continued in a slightly shaky voice.

"You won't, dear boy. You never did," Alastair looked at Thaddeus, affection shining in his emerald-green eyes.

****

In the room they shared, Ezra and Peyton were making love with the young Bloom lying on his back, his lover straddling his waist and rotating their slim hips, taking the hardness of the young man deeper into them, riding Ezra into oblivion. They were beautiful, a work of art made of pure lust, their eyes closed, lips slightly parted.

From time to time, a long moan filled with desire escaped from those plump, delicious, oh-so-kissable lips, driving their lover crazy with passion, urging him to piston relentlessly into the wet, slick, hot channel that pulsated around his manhood. Ezra's hands were busy sliding up and down Peyton's supple back, flat chest and hard abdomen. He couldn't get enough of admiring his lover. They were flawless, the embodiment of perfection.

On the edge of insanity, under the action of Peyton's fluid moves, Ezra couldn't stop it anymore, and with a last, long, deep thrust, he flooded his lover's channel with his hot seed. Patting the bed, the young Bloom found a thin blanket he pulled over the two of them, then stayed still with Peyton collapsed on top of him, catching their breath, eyes half closed.

"Did I tell you lately how much I love you, my beautiful, beloved one?" Ezra whispered, lightly touching his lover's damp forehead. "If not, I'll tell you now. I love you, today, tomorrow, always, until the stars will lose their shine."

"Really?" Peyton raised their head, a somewhat pained look in their jade-green eyes. "You say that now because I'm young and...interesting, but you'll get bored in a year or two, and I'll end up in the trash bin."

"No, don't even think about that!" Ezra passionately protested, wrapping his strong arms around the delicate form resting on top of him. "What I feel for you, what we have, is not just a whim, it's forever," he said, his dark-blue eyes shining like two sapphires.

"Don't I disgust you? My anatomy, the way I was born. Aren't these reasons for you to despise and loathe me? If it's so, please, tell me now while it's not too late, while I can still go and not look back," Peyton continued in a small, defeated voice, on the verge of crying.

"My beloved, what's wrong?" Ezra cupped the other one's face with one hand, caressing it with the thumb of the other. "You've never had such thoughts before. What happened? Did someone threaten or scare you?"

"I don't know what's wrong with me," Peyton said, in the same tired, defeated voice. "But lately, when I look into the mirror, I see this ugly creature, not a man and not a woman, useless and repulsive. All I do is sleep, eat, vomit and get fat in spite of vomiting everything I consume. On top of that, I'm horny all the time, preying on you like an insatiable harpy, a real whore."