Chapter 31

Marcus 

I felt my jaw shift with impatience, my aching gums threatening to release the canines that longed to tear into something. Something soft... And ripe... Running my tongue over the back of my teeth, I felt my cock harden at the thought of biting into the human's flesh while I fucked her from behind. Hard... and fast... My body tensed as the erotic image flickered through my mind, visualising her sweat-drenched body writhing as I shove my cock deep in her ass, showing her a taste of heaven. Her moans and pleas drowning everything else as I bring her to orgasm again and again before retracting my cock and burying it in her tight little pussy where I would finally release my seed and make her mine.

My muscles tightened underneath my skin, the beast moving restlessly and growling in approval at the direction of my thoughts while raring to be let out.

Closing my eyes at the sudden onslaught of desire, I exhaled a long steady breath through my teeth, the air expelling from my lungs with a hiss. Shaking my head clear, I pushed against the bond's influence while simultaneously forcing the creature back to the dark recesses of my mind. This was definitely not the time to digress! We had a mess to clean up.

I was mildly surprised, however, that my wolf was still trying to push through. The dose of wolfsbane had held him down until we had walked into that study and seen the female. Her luscious curves, green eyes and sultry scent had called to the beast, enticing him into a lust-driven haze.

I sighed in frustration.

The wolfsbane did nothing to curb our primal instincts and it had also proven to be useless against the pull of the mate bond; which we all still felt in full force. All it seemed to do, was subdue our wolves and prevent us from acting on our base nature.

Cracking my knuckles on both hands, I felt some of the pent-up-pressure release with a satisfying pop. I realised that we needed a better plan if the human decided to stay. While the wolfsbane could help us for the short term, regular use or exposure to high doses could cause some serious irreversible damage to our wolves. And the last thing we wanted, was the highest-ranking wolves to be physically compromised, leaving the pack vulnerable in case of an attack.

My teeth ground in irritation, my mind drifting back to the person responsible for this mess.

Two days! That's all it had taken for everything to go to absolute shit. The female, I assumed, had no idea of the effect that she has had ever since her unfortunate arrival. But I have witnessed and sensed the strain that this was having on all of us.

Alex was slowly beginning to lose his mind. His desperate need to be rid of the bond was making him reckless and dangerous. Kole had become a ticking timebomb, his beast making him unstable and unreliable. James had withdrawn into himself. His easy smile and sharp wit, replaced with a permanent frown combined with sudden bouts of guilt and regret.

As for Tommy –

My eyes moved swiftly around the room before landing on our youngest brother. Although we were born only minutes apart from each other, we brothers have always treated each other with varying degrees of love and respect in accordance with the order of our birth. This also played out into the responsibilities that we each carried. Alex and I became the big brothers. James, the middle child while Kole and Tommy were treated like the youngest. Which also meant that we always looked out for them and went easy on them. And this "family hierarchy" only solidified when we ascended to our individual ranks within the pack.

Sifting through my memories, I replayed the precious few moments where the five of us played, interacted and grew together from the time we were pups, all the way to adulthood. Another sigh rose from my chest as I wondered how things would have turned out if Alex and I hadn't been ripped away from our brothers when we were young.