23

It was somewhere in the afternoon I was watching TV and Roman was taking a load of calls. As usual. But this time it was more then 1 or 2 calls. This was his 16th call.

I counted.

Something was going on but I couldn't figure out what. Roman was rubbing his fingers through his hair uncontrollably which I hate. He only does that when he's stressed.

I could hear bits of the conversation but not all. He tries his best to stay quiet.

I turn my attention back to the TV and just watch it in silence. He will probably tell me everything when he's done.

𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃:

After exactly 23 minutes Roman came into the living room and slammed his head on the arm rest.

"You okay?" I said rubbing his back.

"No." He said leaning into my touch.

"What's wrong."

"We have to go to the base. Like right now." He sounded too tired to drives if only I could do it for him.

"But I'm wearing your clothes."

"It doesn't matter. You look hot in them anyways."

"Okay." My checks flush red and he pulls his head up from the chair.

"I'll explain in the car cupcake." He stood up and left the house to go outside while I slipped on my shoes.

Cupcake? He's barking mad.

I run outside and get into the car. I strap on my seatbelt and Roman grabs my hand to hold as he puts his other hand on the steering wheel.

"So basically one of Dolorez spies saw us together. I don't know where but he managed to get away and get the message back to Dolorez."

"So what does that mean?" I say tightening my grip on his hand.

"They want you. They are after you."

"Oh." What do they want with me? Creeps.

"Geez I hate road traffic." He mumbled.

"Everyone's gonna know we're dating when we get to the base because of your clothes."

"I don't wanna tell everyone directly." Imagine telling a whole group of men and some girls that are armed that your dating their boss.

No thank you.

"Why do we need to go to the base though?"

"It's somewhere away from home. Just until they settle down we are gonna stay at the base." He rubbed his forehead as I squeezed his hand telling him to stop.

"But isn't your house safe?"

"It is but not well protected."

ఌ ఌ ఌ

Literally everyone can fuck themselves. This was exactly what I didn't want to happen. If he finds her I'm screwed.

I need to give her fucking knife training now. I don't want to though. I wanna hold her in my arms. Every hour of the day.

We made it to the base squeezing Sofia's thigh to let her know we were there. I got out of the car and opened the door for her.

She grabbed my wrist but I slid her hand down to touch my hand. I want everyone in that base to get it clear in their head that she's mine. Anyone who touches her will be shot dead.