017 • ❝𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝?❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 • 017|| ❝𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝?❞

>𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

· ·◁❬ •◦───────·☆·──────◦•❭▷ · ·

𝐉 𝐀 𝐘 𝐃 𝐄 𝐍 • 𝐄 𝐕 𝐀 𝐍 𝐒

I stand in front of my mirror and almost wonder how I got myself in this situation. I wore a simple dress, surprisingly. It was just a tight black dress, not too short but not too long. I held the banister for support and watched as everyone was already sitting around the table. Waiting for me.

I sighed as soon as I reached the final step, I gathered up my strength and walked to the table where my father, brother, Elijah, Olivia, Amy and Jonas all sat. I sat with them and smiled at every single one of them. They all had different expressions painted on their faces. Amy's was almost as if she didn't want to be here. My father's was unreadable. Olivia's was full of excitement especially as she was sitting down next to Max who she hadn't seen in quite some time, I swear she fancies him.

I chuckle and join in with conversations that are taking place at the table. Some are rather odd. Like, why is the sky blue, do women really need a man to make a baby? Might I add, Olivia has made up half of these questions that she demands the answers for.

Thankfully time has passed and we all receive a glass of wine and our meals, lasagne. One of my favourites. I know how to cook it myself but my father insisted that he'll do the cooking, surprisingly.

I sighed as I knew exactly what was coming any minute and I was almost dreading it and curling up my own toes.

Jonas stands up on tall, and looks at our audience across the table. His blonde hair is all geled back for this night and his hazel eyes examine everyone as he taps the spoon across the wine glass in his hand. The goosebumps have already erupted all over my skin and I'm already dreading to hear the massive essay come from Jonas' mouth. But I gain my strength once more and pay attention.

Everyone's eyes dart at Jonas in what he has to say, I almost don't want to make eye-contact with anyone.

"Well, I'm so glad everyone could make it tonight, some unfortunately couldn't be here." He starts, why does he have to begin it like that?

"I'm not going to make this long." He states and I find myself being thankful, but still dreading the speech ahead.

"But, there is some important news I must share with you all. It is time that we announce that Jayden and I will be getting married. In order to unite our families." He states, I instantly feel my heart drop to my stomach when I witness Elijah's facial expression appear across the table, I mouth 'I'm sorry' but it's already too late.