Intro

"Run Marathin run!" Father yells as mother drags me away, "keep Asta safe!"

I watch as the beasts tear my father apart as we run. The palace comes crumpling down around us, mother uses her magic to keep us from being crushed as she continues to pull me with her. She picks me up and passes me to a servant.
I can hear the shrieks of the monsters getting closer.

"Get her out of here," mother orders before she turns to face the oncoming beasts.

"Yes, my queen," the servant turns and runs away, arms secure around me.

I watch as my mother uses her magic to try and fight the beasts off, keeping them at bay for a moment or two. But those moments end quickly as the spiked tail of one of them is driven through her stomach, her limp body being lifted off the ground.

The beast seems to stare at me, taunting me with my mother's corpse just before tossing it to the side and pursuing us.

"You must trust me, Princess," the servant says in his deep voice.

He goes into a secret chamber pulling a sword from a compartment in the wall.

He places me down in the center of the room, taking a few steps away and standing before me.

"Heimdall, what are you doing?" I ask, tears in my eyes.

"Trust me, Asta," he places the sword down, the tip of the blade on the ground, "allfathers, let the dark magic help me to protect this child."

Bright light appears around me and I can feel it pull me upwards.

"Heimdall!"

"I will find you, Princess, and on my life I swear to protect you."

And like that, the light pulls me away. I drift quickly through the stars.

I suddenly land harshly on the ground, body thudding against the hard earth.

I sit up, seeing nothing around me. The vast emptiness seems to stretch on forever, giving me no clue as to where I am. The night sky overhead looks nothing like the stars and constellations I learned of.

Exhaust and in pain, I lay back down, rocks and sand scrapping my body. My eyelids fall heavy as sleep over take me in the chilled air of the night.

~~~~

I am woken with a start as the sound of a foreign tongue is spoken around me.

Sitting up, I see two large horse like creature approach me. They have large hills on their backs along with a rider on each.

A woman looks down at me worriedly as the creature kneels to allow her to dismount.

"Anat bikhayrin?

I back away from her as she comes closer until she kneels down and puts her hands up, showing that she means no harm.

"Anat bikhayrin?" Her words are soft, but I don't understand them.

"Kei te pai koe?" The man atop the other creature asks, when I don't respond she looks to the woman, "I don't think she speaks either of those."

This, I understand.

"No I do not," I say, my voice shaking.

The pair look to each other before looking back at me.

"Are you okay?" The woman asks softly.

"I'm not sure," I sit up a bit more.

"How did you get here, sweetheart?"

"Heimdall sent me here, to keep me safe," I try to get to my feet, my sore body tense and quaking.

"Is Heimdall your father?" The man asks.

"No, he is one of my servants and my protector," I say, standing straight.

"He's not a good protector if he's leaving a child in the desert alone," the man replies.

"Why don't you come with us," the woman suggests, "we have food and water you can have and we can get you cleaned up."

I think for a moment.

The pair seem nice and welcoming, and to genuinely care.

"Alright."

The woman stands and guides me to mount the large creature, joining behind me.

I'm startled as the creature stands to it's full height, but quickly calm as we begin to move.

Heimdall, please find me soon.