Vacation from the Moon

"So, what's the good news you have regarding our favourite planet?" Diori asked their best friend, Unaki. "Well, now that the plague on earth is improving, the Moon Authorities are allowing everyone to take vacations again!" They grinned at each other.

"Of course," Unaki continued, "we can't be infected by the virus, but we still must follow precautions so we don't raise suspicion. It should be easy, we just have to wear masks and stay distanced from the humans."

When the two friends had finished packing, they activated their particle transfiguraters to disguise themselves, and teleported to earth. They were standing behind a water slide on the grounds of a fancy vacation resort. All was dark and silent. Diori took a deep inhale, "let's find our room, I believe I see the hotel up ahead."

When morning arrived, the two friends prepared for the day's adventure. "Don't forget your mask," Diori said.

"I'm beginning to get tired of these precautions," groaned Unaki as he grabbed his mask. After breakfast, it only got worse. "I can't believe there are so few activities available." Unaki exclaimed, looking at the resort website. Diori pulled their friend towards one of the pools where they sat down with a huff. After a few moments of silence, they splashed the water. "I have an idea," they said, springing up. "Let's go to a water park!"

"Brilliant, I'm sure this time nothing can go wrong."

When the end of their first day of vacation came, the two moon beings were heading to the beach to relax after a day at the water park. Still, Diori noticed their friend looked unhappy. "What's wrong, Unaki?"

"Oh, Diori. I know I should be happy, now that we are finally able to come to Earth after all this time, but now that we're here, I'm disappointed. Half of the things we used to do aren't here anymore. Even at the waterpark, many slides were closed for maintenance." By this time, they had reached the beach. They sat together on the sand and absorbed the moon's tidal energy. Unaki sighed, "I'm sorry if I've ruined our vacation."

"It hasn't been ruined." Diori's voice was firm, taking Unaki by surprise. "What do you mean?"

"The universe is full of changes, my friend. We have no choice but to accept them." They smiled out at the sea. "We must be grateful for all that we still have; just look at this beautiful view!"

"Maybe you're right, Diori. I should just be glad that you are here with me, and enjoy the rest of our trip, even if it has not gone exactly as I had expected." He reached over to hug his friend, and they walked to the hotel together, under the light of the moon.