𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚊𝚢

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

𝚐𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀 genevieve porter has never known home— she's been moving around all her life from foster home to foster home until her "semi-permanent" residence (as she calls it) in salt lake city, utah as apart of the carmichael family. the family that she's trying desperately to not grow attached to.

the dancer is an acute insomniac, and has been that way ever since she was separated from her biological family when she was young. she barely sleeps a wink most nights, leaving a lot of time for her to mull over in her mind the things she should probably be over.

she overthinks so much that she feels like a dead girl walking. especially at her new school with the new scenarios that never stop changing to trigger. if she was being honest salt lake just triggered the runner in her. although her new life has been consistently tiring, there isn't enough pills or melatonin in this world to help her stay asleep.

for gina there is no cure.
not for her trauma or for her insomnia.

but there is ricky bowen.

𝐒𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐍 ricky bowen is mildly popular salt lake musician on the cusp of what could be a real career, all the while his family his falling apart.

his love life doesn't seem to be doing much better— he's had a helpless crush on his best friend since the second semester of eleventh grade. the only problem is that she has a boyfriend... that she apparently loves. something that she claims ricky knows absolutely nothing about, and maybe she's right.

but it can't hurt him to be a hopeless romantic right?

wrong.

and in his wrongness he destroys the reputation of caramel delights, the bakery owned by the carmichaels and ran only by gina, who had insisted he get a job there to pay off his debt. get a job there so that he could learn his lesson. but the job brings him far too close for comfort, allowing him to unravel her secrets when her guard comes down.

upon finding finally out about it, gina's condition intrigues him. he finds himself torn between finding a way to help her sleep, and wanting nini, and badly.