you wear her sweater

As Chloe slept soundly beside you, you laid wide awake in her bed.

You're staying over tonight and it wasn't exactly expected.

Although you're happy about it, the only reason why is because of the storm raging on outside.

It's keeping you awake, even though you feel quite sleepy.

You're a little cold. The storm made it a little cooler outside, causing the temperature to drop a few degrees.

Chloe is hogging the blanket and you can't bring yourself to risk disturbing her by pulling some of it away from her so you could cover up with it.

You tried to close your eyes and just fall asleep, thinking sooner or later you could just acclimate to the cool air and you'd be okay.

But you didn't lay there long. You knew you needed to warm up a bit to get some sleep and instead of taking part of the blanket, you had a better idea.

You got up and padded across the floor to her closet.

Quietly, you looked through all of the clothes that she had hung up.

You looked through all of her shirts and sweaters, stopping a moment later when one particular one caught your eye.

You pulled it off the hanger and brushed your fingertips along the fluffy fabric before you pulled it over your head.

You closed your eyes, smiling a sleepy smile to yourself when her scent that lingered on it filled your lungs.

You can't deny it; you'll always reach for her clothes before yours when a situation like this arises. You love her clothes more. They smell like her and it brings you comfort.

Suddenly, you felt Chloe's arms wrap around you. You jumped and opened your eyes, a soft gasp falling from your lips.

"Sorry, sweet girl." She whispered against your neck, kissing it softly. "I woke up and you weren't there."

"I got cold."

"You could've woken me. She mumbled tiredly. "I realize I was hogging the blankets. You should've told me."

"It's okay. I decided to just wear your clothes instead." You said and turned around to face her, watching her eyes light up.

"I can see that." She said, her tired eyes traveling along your body, taking in the sight of you looking so breathtaking in her sweater. "You look gorgeous."

You chuckled lightly, tilting your head back as she kissed your jaw.

"How'd I ever get so lucky?" She whispered, moving to kiss your lips.

"I love you." You whispered against her lips.

She pulled away with a tired but sweet smile on her face.

Taking your hand, she repeated the words back to you as she pulled you back to bed.

You curled up to her, resting your head on her chest. She made sure you could both cover up with the blanket this time.

"Sweet dreams, my love."

"Goodnight, Chloe." You mumbled with a smile on your face, drifting off to sleep, feeling warmer than ever.