Favors

Telephone by Lady Gaga ft. Beyonce

Stop callin', stop callin'
I don't wanna think any more
I left my head and my heart on the dance floor

Stop callin', stop callin'I don't wanna think any moreI left my head and my heart on the dance floor

Thirty-Two calls, all in two hours. My phone has been incessantly ringing since I got to the roof. When the first call came through, I thought it was an accident. I quickly realized it was accident and it started to feel more like a joke. He was clearly on a mission to get in contact with me, and he wasn't going to stop trying anytime soon. What could Sterling possibly want from me?

Sterling used to be someone important to me. He was a staple in my life, someone who made me want something more for myself. He was also someone who had a bad habit of favoring clients. It didn't help that my partnership with Sterling co-existed alongside mine and Harry's relationship. He was booked and busy, meanwhile I had a dwindling career. He had put halt to my career in the most cut throat way. It took about six months after being under his name, to realize I needed to get out. I had a natural thirst for new projects. But, no matter how hard he tried, I never allowed him to push me to the background. My name was already too big for him to handle managing. When I finally got back on my feet I put all my efforts into working with my new management the correct way. I had said yes so fast to Sterling only only because I was so eager to start my life, that I didn't think to give myself goals and a regimen. I ran in blind, and I promised myself I never would again.

To make things worse, Sterling wasn't the only person I cut off. I said my goodbyes to Harry as well. When I approached him about what Sterling was doing, he stood in front of me and said he saw nothing wrong with being signed to the same label and not getting equal opportunities as him. He failed to acknowledge the blatant favoritism and sexism in Sterlings management. Harry faded from my life at just the right time. I excitingly got accepted into my dream school.

Juilliard.

The classes I was assigned to helped me a lot on my road to a career. My side gigs became frequent and the checks had more and more zeros on it the more I practiced. The more qualified I became as a dancer, more opportunities would find their way to me. I put my heart and soul in to my first school year. I had danced so much I couldn't feel my feet and somehow, it made the year increasingly better. Harry never did try to reach out to me after everything. All he had to do was admit there was a problem.

Harry knew how deeply I wanted everything to work out. Once I left town the universe blessed me by listening and helping me get to where I am. The big city has been so kind to my career. It all happened so fast that I never found the time to think about how betrayed I felt. When the sting of it all became too unbearable to ignore it only fueled me to do more, to be more and to have fun with everything I do. As I worked under new management, Harry's career barely got off the ground. Sterlings name didn't hold the weight he expected it to, so Harry I kept tabs on him until it was too nauseating to continue. I had to move on.