001| VODKA IN APPLE JUICE

Maeve Thompson didn't deal with her father's death in the most healthy way she could've. She buried her sorrows in drugs, closing herself off from everyone around her. And for 3 straight months, she didn't talk to any of her friends. She stayed in her room all the time, high on whatever drugs she could get her hands on. Until one night, it got too bad, and her sister was forced to call the pogues for help. They found her in her room, past out, hardly breathing, with her sister's trembling body leaning over her. They got her to a hospital immediately, and helped her get clean after that. She hasn't touched any kind of drugs since that night, and her friends always help her anytime she has the urge to take some. That's how Maeve was finally able to get over her father's death, the pogues. If it wasn't for them, she doesn't even know where she'd be right now.

But she doesn't have to worry about that. She doesn't have to worry about what her life would be like without the pogues, because she'll always have them. And they'll always have her.

"Yo, JJ, Maeve, either of you been outside?" John B spoke to the two of them, tapping both of their legs where they lay on the sofa bed. JJ's head was laying on Maeve's chest and his arms were wrapped around her waist.

"I can't walk bro, I have polio." JJ mumbled, nuzzling his head into Maeve's neck.

"What's your excuse Maeve?" John B asked amusedly from where he stood by the bed.

"His polio is contagious and rubbed off on me." She mumbled, slowly opening her eyes to adjust to the light.

"Got it." John B nodded playfully before walking outside, leaving the two alone.

"JJ, get up baby boy." She whispered to the sleeping blonde.

"I don't wanna."

"I know." She agreed, combing her fingers through his slightly-tangled hair. "But we have to get up. Okay?"

"Okay." He groaned, before rolling over and falling off the side of the bed. Maeve sat up quickly, leaning over the edge to look at him.

"You good?" He simply stuck up his thumb, showing he was indeed okay as he pulled himself up into a sitting position. Maeve hopped out of the bed and over JJ, walking outside with him following closely behind her. "My mom's gonna kill me for not coming home last night."

"It's alright. I'll tell her we kidnapped you and wouldn't let you leave." JJ smiled and Maeve playfully shoved his shoulder before stopping and looking over at John B.

"Agatha did some work huh?" JJ asked, looking at the very clear mess the storm caused in the front yard.

"Yeah, she did." John B agreed.

"I hope Jesse's okay." Maeve voiced, worried about her younger sister. "She spent the night over at the Cameron's with Wheezie."

"She's probably doing better than us. Rich people are probably getting generators installed now." He assured her before turning to John B. "What are you thinking?"