Start of something new

"Brittany get in the car." "No." "Get in the fucking car!" Santana yells at me and it shocks me. She never really raises her voice. "Give me one reason why I would get in." "Because you don't want to die?" "What the hell are you talking about?" She rolls her eyes and motions for Finn to come over. He walks over to us and picks me up. He tries to put me in the car, but I keep kicking him. Then eventually Santana grabs my legs and together they put me in the car. Finn blocks the left door and one of Santana's friends blocks the right one. I now notice that I am in a pick up truck with four seats. Santana gets into the drivers seat and starts the car. Finn gets in and sits next to me. The guy with the mohawk gets in too and sits in the passenger seat. Finn fastens my seatbelt and we start moving forwards slowly. Then suddenly the car in front of us starts driving and we follow it. "Frankenteen aren't you supposed to be with Rach?" Santana asks and Finn shakes his head. "Only Rach and I know the way so I am here to show you the way if we lose sight of Rachel's car." "Oh right." She says with her eyes on the road. I decided to stop asking questions, since they are not going to answer them anyways. "Puck can you put on the radio? I'm bored." Finn asks. So his name is Puck. Got it. He puts on the radio and the music starts playing. "Oh my god we did this song for Nationals!" Santana says excited and starts singing. Though it's cold and lonely in the deep dark night ..
Then the others fill in. I can see paradise by the dashboard light..
They get lost in the song and it is incredibly cute. Then eventually the song ends and it's quiet in the car again. I look out of the window, into the darkness. I have no idea what time it is. All I know is that my dad is going to pick me up around one and I won't be there. I miss him already. I don't know why they are doing this and for how long. I don't know if this is just a joke or a crazy adventure. All I know is that I want to go home.

We are on the road for about three hours now and we are finally stopping. Santana parks the car next to Rachel's, on the beach. They all get out but lock the door before I can. Santana opens a window and sticks her head through it. "You can get out if you promise to stay with us." She says a little threatening. "There aren't much places I can go are there?" "No." "Okay I promise." She nods and opens the door. It feels good to get out and breathe in the fresh air. I follow Santana to the others. I feel the cold sand under my feet. The others already made a fire. Most people are cuddled up in a blanket. No one is speaking. They are just lying there, staring at the burning fire. Santana is about to walk back to the car, but I stop her. "Where are you going?" "I'm sleeping in the back of my truck." "Oh.." "Would you like to join Britt?" She just called me Britt. She never calls me Britt. "No I don't want to bother you." "You don't bother me. Now come on." She says and smiles. I smile back and we walk back to the car. She climbs into the trunk and sticks out her hand to help me in. There is a mattras and a few blankets. She opens a bag and grabs two hoodies. She throws one at me and takes off her shirt. "It's going to be a cold night." She says and puts on her hoodie. I do the same. Santana lays down and pets on the empty spot next to her. I lay down and she puts a few blankets on us. "So can you finally tell me why we are running away?" "Brittany..." "Please tell me this is driving me insane!" "Okay calm down I'll tell you. But you have to let me finish." I nod. I see her struggeling with her thoughts, thinking about how to give me the shocking message. "Brittany we are running away from the government." "What?" "Hush." "Sorry." "There is this plan. The state wants to prepare the country for an upcoming war. They need people Brittany. They are going to use us. The kids from 16 to 19. Our state is the test round. It's a big secret but Rachel's dad is an insider so he told us to run away as fast as we could. We decided to include you because you seemed like a great girl and you wouldn't survive the army." I am speechless. "Brittany this is exactly the reason you moved out here." "What are you saying? That my dad knew about this?" "Yes probably. They are brainwashing parents into doing this. It's insane." "My dad wouldn't do that to me." "Look it's not his fault okay? He is like I said brainwashed. But he will be fine I promise. You just need to work along with us." "Where are we going?" "I can't tell you I'm sorry." "Santana what about your parents? Are they brainwashed too?" Her facial expression suddenly changes. Her eyes turn cold again. She doesn't answer and turns around. She is now facing the opposite side. I don't ask further because I know she isn't going to answer. I turn around too and slowly fall asleep. I think about the shocking news I heard. I honestly don't know what to think about all of this.