Mount Natagumo

Synopsis

Their next destination is to the north-northwest. and head towards Mount Natagumo with and . This mountain is covered with spider webs and is swarming with innumerable spiders. Leaving the cowering Zenitsu behind, Tanjiro and Inosuke head up the mountain where they run into fellow entangled in spider webs.

Meanwhile, a crow flies back to to report the situation and how many of the Demon Slayers have been taken down. Ubuyashiki seems it necessary to send . He asks and , who are sitting behind him in the room, to take up the task, both of whom accept. Shinobu then wonders out loud if it were only possible for demons and humans to get along, asking Giyu if he agreed. Giyu replies, saying such a thing would be impossible as long as demons continue to eat humans.

Plot

Zenitsu has been told Nezuko is Tanjiro's sister and develops a crush on her. A Kasugai Crow comes after the doctor says they're healed and tells the three to go Mt. Natagumo. They head out. They eventually come in sight of the mountain, though Zenitsu is too scared to go on. Tanjiro smells something and runs to it, Zenitsu forced to follow so he isn't left alone. They find a wounded Demon Slayer collapsed on the path but he is yanked into the trees by threads attached to him. They find another terrified demon slayer, Murata, who tells them ten higher ranked demon slayers, including him, came to the mountain, but they started killing each other. An exhausted Kasugai crow is shown on the lap of the Demon Slayer's commander, who notes many have been killed and thinks the Twelve Kizuki may be there. He sends Tomioka Giyu and Shinobu to the mountain as backup. Meanwhile, Zenitsu still sits on the path, having been left when Tanjiro and Inosuke ran forward. He cajoles himself into going when he realizes Tanjiro took "his Nezuko" into the mountain. At the mountain, the captured Demon Slayers walk out from the trees and start attacking Tanjiro's group. Tanjiro stops Inosuke from attacking as some are still alive. He smells the threads attached to them and realizes that's how they're being manipulated. Inosuke frees them but a demoness sends her spiders to reattach the puppet strings to the Demon Slayers. A white-haired demon boy suddenly appears above them, standing on threads, and says mother will kill them before leaving. To himself, he says no one will stop the five of them from living as a happy family. While Tanjiro and Murata keep the controlled Slayers busy, Inosuke uses his , Seventh Form: Spatial Awareness to locate the demon responsible.

Characters in order of appearance

Nezuko Kamado

Zenitsu Agatsuma

Tanjiro Kamado

Inosuke Hashibira

Hisa

Spider Demon (daughter)

Spider Demon (father)

Spider Demon (mother)