From Icy To Spicy...

Chapter 2

From Icy to Spicy

As my hand was still in his grasp, I searched his face for anything that might hint that we weren’t headed towards a loveless marriage. He wouldn’t look me in the eye and his handshake was limp. I removed my hand from his, disappointed in my betrothed.  He was handsome with his hair that was as dark as night, his body was definitely in shape, and his scent…it drove me wild. Too bad I didn’t have the same effect on him. He couldn’t even be bothered to say a word to me.

William continued to look down at the floor as I continued to inspect him. Our parents were having their own conversations; I flinched as they began to discuss grandchildren.  How were we to procreate when we knew nothing of one another? I interrupted that dialogue with an exaggerated yawn, hinting at my fatigue.

“Well then, it’s getting late. Why don’t we show the kids where they will be sleeping and then we’ll head out.” William’s father suggested. My mom and dad agreed.

“Wait. What? You’re not staying?” I turned to my parents.

My dad scratched his head awkwardly like he couldn’t find the words to say so my mother stepped up to answer.

“ Well this is your time to bond as a couple…this way you don’t have to worry about being modest with us around. This is how it is done to ensure a fruitful and successful mating, Tori.”

They were basically saying they didn’t want to be around for any sex. Not that I was interested in it at all. I was dreading this mating now that my parents wouldn’t even be there to walk me through it. I knew the basics, the human part and the wolf part had been explained slightly in one of those uncomfortable teen sex talks with mom. William and I were expected to consummate in human form to claim each other by bite, then the next evening, we were to come together once more as wolves under the moon night.

As if my mom could sense my discontent, she revealed that they would be staying in the home next door through the duration of the mating. It made me feel a little bit more comfortable. The older William began to show us to our room. We followed him up a large staircase that led to the second floor.

“This home has been in the family for decades and it is usually used as a vacation stay.” William the first began to explain.

“A vacation home? Who vacations out here?” I commented. It was freezing outside; my idea of a vacation wasn’t getting snowed inside the whole time.

Both of the William’s laughed which surprised me because they seemed stiff earlier. But my parents didn’t find me amusing as they eyed me, sending figurative daggers my way for my bit of rudeness.

“Ah Victoria it may seem like a snowy blizzard now but once the storm passes, Will should take you out for the sunset. It’s the best part of the day.” His father answered.

As we reached the top, we were informed of the last details of the evening.

“To help push you kids together, you will be sharing a room while you are staying here.” Our host said.

My parents seemed to have no objections in the matter. I, on the other hand, was freaking out. I never shared a bed with anyone in my life and now I am to share it with a complete stranger.

“I think it’s time we headed out now, it was great to meet you, Victoria. I look forward to having you in the family.” William’s father said to me. He had a brief conversation with his son then waved goodbye to him before he headed back down stairs.

My parents came to tell me goodnight before they left with William’s father. Our packs uniting with theirs was very important, it ensured peace. If I messed it up, any quarrels would be blamed on me. I hugged them and tried to pretend that I was okay with this arrangement when I was really screaming on the inside.