Painful Memories

(Y/N)'s POV

After waking up and having breakfast, Finn and Jake took me to the Candy Kingdom once more. we went into Princess Bubblegum's lab as she told me to sit down on a chair and brought a strange device on my head. Finn sat in front of me with Jake as i looked at him, anxious on what this thingy is gonna do to me.

i think Finn may have noticed the nervousness on me as he gave me a thumbs up and an endearing smile which helped me calm myself a bit.

Bubblegum "Alright. i'll start searching through your memories. you may not remember anything but this machine should show us what exactly happened."

(Y/N) "a-and you're sure this is safe... right?"

Bubblegum "well i haven't tested it but you should be fine."

(Y/N) "wait what?! what do you mean you haven't tested it?!"

Bubblegum "welp. here goes."

(Y/N) "WAIT!"

She pulled down a lever. I closed my eyes and curled up. i heard a few noises coming from the machine but nothing else other than that. slowly, i cracked an eye open.

Bubblegum "hmm... this is odd..."

(Y/N) "am i dead?"

Bubblegum "no but the machine isn't showing anything. it's just blank... maybe if we try going further back."

i opened both my eyes and slowly went back to a somewhat normal sitting position. I looked at Princess Bubblegum who fiddled with the buttons on the machine. She looked uncertain as the machine only showed a black screen and strange noises.

as i heard the noises that came out of it, my head started to spin and i feel... pressure... something squishing my brain...

Bubblegum "nope... still nothing... maybe further back...."

the noises got a bit clearer and my head started to hurt. I held my temple and looked down.

Jake "umm... P.B? maybe you should stop. (Y/N) doesn't look so good..."

Finn "hey, (Y/N). you okay dude?"

I couldn't reply.

Bubblegum "hang on. listen to the noises. i can almost make it out."

she did something that made the noises come out louder. I couldn't think anymore. all i could do was hold my head from the pain. my ears rang and my thoughts were jumbled. The louder the noises got, the more painful it became.

Finn "P.B! stop it! you're hurting (Y/N)!"

Bubblegum "just a few more seconds."

The pain grew more intense until i heard the loud sound of something crashing coming from the machine and i felt as if a knife had just been jabbed through both my eyes and twisted in my brain.

At that point, i felt a shock through out my body and shortly after weakness. my eyes and muscle gave out as i plunged into darkness...

Finn's POV

The machine produced a loud crashing noise and (Y/N) suddenly went stiff before collapsing on the chair. he would have fallen face first to the floor had i not caught him. I looked at im concerned before looking at P.B. slightly angered.

Finn "I told you to stop! You were hurting him!"

P.B. looked away for a bit. i took (Y/N) over to a nearby couch and laid him down there. I faced her again.

Bubblegum "the machine didn't show us anything but that noise at the end..."

Finn "what about him?" i said pointing at (Y/N). 

Bubblegum "you should bring him back to the treehouse. I'll do a bit more digging here."

Finn "alright..." 

i put (Y/N) on Jake's back and gut op myself. Jake walked over to the window and stretched two of his legs all the way down to the ground but before we left, i looked back at Princess Bubblegum one more time.

Finn "and P.B?"

Bubblegum "yes Finn?"

Finn "Never do this experiment again."

She seemed to have been taken aback. We soon left before she answered. I set (Y/N) back down on my bed and went down to the lounge room. Hopefully he wakes up soon...