Chapter 4 // Exploration

Makoto leaned back in his chair with a bored expression on his face. "Junko! I'm bored..." He complained rather loudly. "You've kept me locked up in this room for hours now... Is this what you do every day?" Junko put her palm up to her face and sighed. "Chill out, would you? As much as I love despair, your despair is annoying me. Besides, they are only now just getting into the headmaster's office. So it's going to take a few hours before the trial." Makoto groaned annoyed. Until a certain idea... popped into his head. "Hey, Junko can I control Monokuma for a little bit?"

Junko's head shot up in surprise, as a large grin appeared on her face. "Why, of course, Makoto... I'd love to see how you will bring despair to the others~!" she started drooling at the thought. Makoto grinned happily as he swapped seats with Junko. And boy were his old classmates in for a treat...

~~~~~

Byakuya walked into the room Kyoko wanted to meet him in with a frown. He glanced around, noticing the change in atmosphere. "This room doesn't really seem like a students room." Kyoko appeared next to him, her arms crossed. "Correct. It's the headmaster's private room." Her gaze glanced around the room. "I've been through this room several times already, but I still have one little regret. So I decided to check it out one more time."

Byakuya took a glance around the room as well. It seemed like Kyoko was not going to elaborate any further.

Byakuya eyes widen slightly at the strange gap in the wall. "There's a gap here, but not just any normal gap. I can feel a breeze coming out of it. There's likely an open space on the other side of it."Byakuya nodded in understanding. "So there's a hidden room on the other side? Do you have an idea on how to get in?"

Kyoko nodded, walking over to the computer desk. "I saw a program on that PC, that I think controls it. Enter the right password, and the door should open right up. But... I don't have any clue what the password might be. All I know is that it's probably made up of letters and/or numbers. We can't really go from there..." Kyoko sighed before continuing.

"I looked through all his paperwork, all his files on the PC, everything I could think of. I learned more about him than I had any desire to, but nothing that might have been his password..." Byakuya raised an eyebrow, an old flashback played in his mind.

"The...headmaster?? Why did you want to find the headmaster?" Kyoko looked him straight in the eyes. "Because he's my father."

"You don't mind if I have a go at this, do you?" Kyoko looked up in surprise but nodded anyway.

Password:

*. . . . .*

Byakuya smirked.

*KYOKO*

The PC, loaded for a few seconds.

.

.

.

.

.

*CORRECT PASSWORD*

Kyoko looked impressed as the door opened. "Hmm... I didn't think that would actually work." Byakuya said as he and Kyoko walked over to the door.

The room was rather.... odd.

"What's with the party box?" Byakuya questioned with a scowl. Kyoko turned to face him. "Don't be so quick to open it. Whatever is in there is definitely not a party." But Byakuya didn't listen and opened it anyway.

Inside was a deceased skull. Specifically the headmasters.

Byakuya jumped back in surprise, giving out a slight scream. Kyoko rolled her eyes. "Byakuya meet my father." His glance switched between the two but said nothing.

~~~~~

Makoto groaned in anticipation. 'When was someone going to need help?' He thought to himself. It's been ages and no one has found anything of use. Well except maybe Kyoko and Byakuya, who are currently in the hidden room Makoto didn't even know existed.

Makoto banged his head on the table. Who knew being an Ultimate Despair could be so boring? Surely not Makoto. But he supposed it was better than sleeping in a dirty garbage pit. At least he has food.

Makoto banged his head on the table for the last time, before noticing something in the corner of his eye. Pictures. He looked behind him to make sure Junko hadn't come back, before snatching them up in his hand.

Junko's face was cover in all of them. But there was only one Makoto was missing in. A sadistic smile appeared on his face.

~~~~~

Makoto appeared on the screen. "By agreeing you'll be-" the video cut out. Byakuya and Kyoko were confused.

"Ain't technology a bitch!?" Monakuma yelled as he was holding the plug in his hand. "You bastard!" Byakuya yelled angrily right before the chip began to misfunction. "You never know exactly when it's gonna crap out on ya! But you can bet your ass it's gonna be the wrong time! Murphys Law: If it can go wrong, strap in!"

"I swear you!-" Kyoko cut Byakuya off. "I get it. Another few frames and we would have busted this case right open."

Monokuma walked over to the door. "Dear oh dear! You too are quite the investigators! Use your words next time son!" Monakuma lefted and Byakuya begain to talk. "We must be close if Monakuma was too scared to let us watch the video. Your father must have been the one to leave it there. "

Kyoko turned around facing away from Byakuya. Tears were prickling in her eyes. "Byakuya can you... can you please just give me a moment to myself? Thanks..."

Byakuya opened his mouth but closed it rather quickly. He nodded and turned away, leaving Kyoko time to herself.