21 | sweet togetherness

An hour later, Josie returned from her workout and quietly crept into Dean's room. Actually, she wanted to apologize for having reacted so irritably. However, she didn't want to wake Dean up for that. He'd had a long night and desperately needed sleep.

After a refreshing shower she rubbed her hair dry and stood in front of his door again. She didn't quite know herself why she couldn't just wait until he was awake to talk. It kind of was confusing how jealous he reacted earlier. His overprotective instinct was one thing, the pick-up lines another, but slowly she couldn't shake the feeling that Dean wasn't being completely honest with her. 

Quietly, she plodded toward the bed and lay down next to him with some distance between them. She turned the TV’s volume down and watched the news about the murder that had Dean stuck at the station all night. Even though Josie tried hard to be quiet, Dean blinked sleepily and grumbled sleepy.

 Even though Josie tried hard to be quiet, Dean blinked sleepily and grumbled sleepy

"Go back to sleep", she whispered, stroking his hairline soothingly with one finger.

Abruptly, he grabbed her wrist, causing Josie to freeze for a moment. She thought she had done something wrong or crossed a line she had no idea about, but instead he just didn't want her to break the touch. 

The huntress felt more and more confirmed in her assumption, but she couldn't blame Dean. Or maybe he was just trying to get her attention. She had to admit to herself that she was still cautious when it came to him. It was possible that he was actually jealous of Sam, since he was allowed to enjoy Josie's affection. 

A guilty conscience crept over the brunette as she looked down at the peaceful man beside her. Slowly she withdrew her hand and immediately the green eyes opened. But before he could say anything, she slid up to him. Slightly astonished, he looked into her eyes.

 "It was kind of boring without you", she breathed warmly, "especially after Sam met his arm candy"

A satisfied smile graced Dean's lips. Her words acted as a balm to his soul. These were things he wanted to hear, not that he was hot, as the blonde hookup explained it to him back then. While that was definitely flattering as well, it didn't get under his skin at all. At least not when it was just coming from a stranger.

"I could have used my partner yesterday too", he replied softly, closing his eyes, "At least Sammy got what he wanted"

"But I had to force him to get it", Josie recounted, "He didn't want to leave me alone"

"He would have gotten in trouble if he did!"

"I'm a big girl, I like being in your protective arms but you don't have to treat me like a helpless girl"

"Okay fine by me, but now come into my protective arms and shut up, I'd like to sleep some more, I had to work while you guys were having fun yesterday"

Smirking, she allowed him to pull her close and rest some more until Sam and his one night stand had also slept off their high. 

*