chapter 1

People passed me as I walked into the small grill and bar called, mystic grill. It was perfect for lunch, and believe I was starving. I hadn't had anything to eat since supper yesterday. I smiled when a waiter came over to me with a notepad. He looked strong and very cute. He couldn't be no younger then 18. "Welcome to mystic grill. What can I get you?" The young waiter asked, flashing me a smile.

 What can I get you?" The young waiter asked, flashing me a smile

"Um. I'll have two grilled cheese sandwiches and a glass of tea" I said, smiling back. He nodded and walked back into the kitchen. I wonder if he has a girlfriend. I thought until he came back with my food and drink. "Here you go. Enjoy" he said, before walking off to serve another customer.  I wonder if all the guys in this town are that attractive. I quickly ate before I paid and left a tip and walked back to my car. I still had to get to my house and unpack. I also wanted to find a job.

After a few minutes of driving, I finally arrived at my new house and quickly walked in to start unpacking. To my surprise, my cousin was sitting in the living room with his ex girlfriend, Elena. "What are you doing here, Matt. You do know I can have you arrested for trespassing" I said, crossing my arms. He nodded and walked over to me.

"I know we don't really care for each other but, we're all we have left

"I know we don't really care for each other but, we're all we have left. Me and Elena just wanted to welcome you to mystic falls. Is that so bad?" He asked, trying to get mercy. Of course I'm not forgiving him that easily. I looked at him with a slight frown. "I'm not forgiving you that easily. But I will think about it. In the mean time, if you want to be on my good graces list, then you can help me fully get settled in. I still need to unpack and find a job. Maybe meet some new friends" I said, grabbing the box in the kitchen. "I'll help you unpack. There's some jobs that are open at the school. I can call our old history teacher, Alaric and ask him if he can help put in a good word for you" he suggested, before walking into the kitchen and placing plates in the cabinet. "Can I help?" Elena asked, standing there like a bump on a log. I nodded and handed her a box of pictures. "You can help put these pictures on the walls. There's nails and a hammer on the kitchen counter" I said, assigning her a job. She nodded and quickly got to work. I swear these kids will do just about anything to get me to like them. I dont know about approving them but at least I'll get something out of it.