Chapter One

~°BROOKLYN°~

No one loves the nighttime like I do. The moon floating with the stars in the nighttime and boasting of its beauty to my low and soon about to die rechargeable lamp.

I turn it off and go outside the house to my favourite place. The green grass. I lay in the grass with my leg above the other and my hands under my head with a satisfied smile plastered on my face. I've never seen a shooting star before and one just shoots by. I smile.

"What the fuck are you doing, bitch?"

I look to Tyler's window to see his stupid ass yarning shit at me again.

"Flying to Europe!" I reply sarcastically. "Dork!" I add with an eye roll and he sticks his stupid fat tongue at me.

Meet my stupid brother. Tyler Hales. Twin brother, actually and we don't in any form, perspective, atom or molecule, look alike. He's a caramel-skinned with his stupid hair looking like an overly treated and silky bag of freshly made curls. He's tall and has the build of a swimmer, which he is.

Me? I'm the shortest shawty I met. I'm a lighter shade of caramel with an attitude full of sugar and a bad side full of poison. You could call me Lady Hitler when I'm mad but on the norms, I'm sweet as candy. It's what they all call me around school.

"When you're done being a weirdo and a freak, you can as well come inside!" he yells at me.

"Shut up, dork!" I hiss at him. "You're the weirdo between us," I add and stand up. He's ruined my night already. I head inside and up to my room. My phone beeps and I grab it. It's a notification from Instagram.

Dudecode_11 just made a post

My fingers relay to my Instagram and his pictures appear immediately on my feed. I like it before sliding to the next one. Apparently, Tristan Olajide, known popularly as Dudecode, is my number one crush. I know it's a cringe teenage trope but I really don't care.

I read the caption immediately.

On my way to school... LOL. Literally the worst. Laughing emoji. Heartbreak.

Within the twinkle of an eye, my eyes travel to his location.

Crimson High.

Crimson what now?

I grab my laptop immediately from the table and search 'Crimson High'. It's one of the best schools in town. How come I never knew this? "Entrance registration form, twenty-five thousand naira." My eyes pop.

Bruh, what if I fail? Do I get a refund?

"No refunds," I see beneath the classy-looking flyer. For a whole Tristan to be going to Crimson, it only means the fees are expensive as fuck. I sigh and close my computer, returning to Tristan's page on my phone. He tagged just one person.

Jenny_Nnaji

Sounds familiar. I click on her page. Two million followers.

"A normal teenager.
Antisocial.
Don't text me, I won't reply.
Beware of fake accounts.
No Facebook account."

I read her bio and sigh. Seems she's a rich kid. I stalk her page and she has no picture of Tris on her page. Are they dating? Maybe she just doesn't keep things open. What if they're dating?

Is Tristan Olajide dating anyone?

I type on my search and wait impatiently. It loads and I click on his blog post. It doesn't say anything about his relationship status. I sigh and slump on my bed with a loud thud. Who is this Jenny anyway and what makes her so special to Tristan? I would kill to find out.