𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬

𝖱𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒: @iloveverything333

Most people have all kinds of scars that cover their bodies

Most people have all kinds of scars that cover their bodies. Each one tells a different story which makes them unique. Most scars are from simple accidents, disorders, or even surgeries. Scars can be from almost anything.

Just like everyone else in the world I have scars of my own. However these scars weren't from a simple scraped knee or burn, They were a part of my past that I couldn't imagine going back to. A part of me I didn't show but instead I tried to cover up and hide, afraid of what others might think.

I had large marks that littered my back from my shoulder blades down to my lower back. These marks weren't from any ordinary accident, they were from my childhood. My younger years were the worse years of my life, unlike most people who wished they could go back to those golden years. My mother left when I was little, leaving me with a drug addict who was never sober.

It was hard trying to live with the same person who never wanted me in the first place. I learned how to defend for myself most of the time. I was cooking my own meals at a young age, buying my own essentials with the money I might have 'borrowed from my father.

But the hardest part about living with a drug addict is that they are never in the right mindset which made me go from being his princess to a pest in his eyes.

I took many fists to the face, kicks to the gut, objects being thrown at me at full force but the worse form of abuse was the belt. Whenever I had done something my father didn't appreciate he would slash me across the back with a leather belt. Sometimes he hit me so hard it left marks which were the same marks on my back today.

Eventually, once I got older I filed a report on my father to the police. After many court cases, he was sent to prison for child abuse. That left me to live on my own which I preferred.

Along the way, after my dad was out of the picture, I met JJ and his friends, the pogues, who became the family I never had.

JJ and I had grown really close and with time we started to catch feelings which led to us becoming lovers. We always had each other's backs and we knew everything we could know about the other. Well sorta. I had never told him about my scarred back and past.

To keep him and the pogues from knowing, I never wore tank tops or bathing suits that showed a lot of my back when I was around them. Whenever I would join them for a swim or surfing, I would always wear a t-shirt over my bathing suit. Sometimes it got really hot not being able to walk around in a skimpy outfit since I lived at the beach but I was afraid they would worry or judge me for the marks so it was better for me to keep them covered.