Becoming: Part 1

Sophie's POV

Dream

I was running from something, but I can't remember what I was running. I was exhausted but still ran as fast as I could. And I felt pain in my right eye. I could feel warm liquid running down on my face. "Why? Why is this happening?" I whimpered as I kept running through the bushes

I never stopped running or looked back. However, it was futile. I felt something behind me coming closer, and no matter what I went through, it was still close. My legs began to give in as I tripped on a tree trunk. My head hit the tree trunk, and I slowly lost consciousness. I was starting to lose vision as two figures floated towards me.

"It seems that one almost slipped through our fingers." One of them spoke, sending me chills

"Such a waste of Creations." Another one spoke, "We gave them lives, a purpose. But now, all of that is reduced to nothing."

I wanted to get up, to run, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried to get up, I always fell back to the ground. I then felt as though something was aimed at me. "And now... The last of her traitorous children will die!"

"NO!"

End Dream

I shot up with a cold sweat and fell off of the hammock Stuart gave me. I crashed onto the hard ground of the cave, getting my pj's dirty. I then heard my phone ringing. I grabbed it and saw the ID caller, and it showed the picture of one of my best friends, Toby Domzalski.

I tiredly answered the phone, "Hey, Tobes." I greeted

"Soph! It's almost 8:00! Where are you?!" He shouted 

I checked the time on my phone and panicked, "O skatá!" I screamed as I grabbed my clothes, "I wasn't paying attention to the time. But don't worry, I'll meet you guys at the neighborhood soon!"

I quickly changed into my day clothes, bushed and braided my hair. After putting my rose hairpin on my hair, I touched the right side of my face, where my scar is. I don't know how I got it. Heck, I don't even remember anything before meeting Stuart. 

He found me in the woods unconscious, and my scar was still fresh. I remember how scared I was when he first tried to help me. He persuaded me with one of his burritos and treated my wounds. Ever since then, his been taking care of me until I decided to live in a cave. He treated me like I was his daughter despite me being a werewolf and him being an alien- I mean extraterrestrial.

Even though I don't live with him anymore, he still looks after me. I still visit him when I ever need to eat, charge my phone, or want to see him. As much as I hate to admit it, he is someone I consider to be my father.

After a few seconds, I grabbed my bike and bookbag, then got out of the woods. I made it to the neighborhood and saw Jim and toby at Jim's house. Jim was picking up the trash that was knocked down while Toby put on his helmet, "We're late for school, Jimbo." I heard Toby informed as I walked next to him

"Sorry, Tobes, busy with the lunches," Jim said as he tried to throw a milk carton in the crash can but missed it, and grabbed it fast and put it in the trash can, "One for me, one for mom, one for Soph, and..."

He took two paper bags out of his backpack and gave them to us. "Thanks, Jimbo!" I thanked him as we took them, and Toby took a sniff in his.

"Balsamic mushrooms, meatloaf, chunky, sun-dried tomatoes." He analyzed as he looked inside his paper bag