Chapter 5. It's Not Over Yet

Two days passed since that awful incident happened, and Joey was now finally allowed to leave the hospital. Seto had already payed for the hospital visit and had even hired a taxi for Joey once he would leave the hospital, so he got home very fast and very comfortable. Once he finally got home, he instantly laid down on his bed, which broke It immediately.

"Ugh!... so much for that bed... rest in piece old bud."

Joey said out and patted the bed, but kept on laying down on it since he was still very much tired from what had happened to him. He closed his eyes to relax. It's been rough on him, all these emotions from when he was kidnapped and now this new feeling with Kaiba in his mind.. what did it all mean? He had been thinking about it ever since Mokuba pointed it out to him, but every time Joey thought about it, he always got an headache from it since he couldn't figure it out and stopped.

"Man... I still haven't told Kaiba thanks. I should go and thank him for saving me tomorrow... but I don't wanna see him."

He mumbled and soon after heard the door knock. He slowly got up which was still hard for him to do since his rib and arm was still broken.

"Coming!"

He opened the door and was shocked to see none other than Louis, his manager standing there by the door.

"Hello, Joey"

"Hey, boss! Come in!"

Joey said cheerfully, which Louis reacted with an annoyed groan.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that!"

"Hahaha! Sorry! I'm sorry! It won't happen again! Promise!"

"Hm.. right."

"Please, come in Louis! I just got home from the hospital so I don't have much to offer other than tea..."

Louis walked in and looked around his apartment.

"No, no it's fine. I don't really drink tea. I brought some pastries from work. Let's share them"

Louis said with a smile and than took out all the different sweets he had brought with him from work. He sat down by the kotatsu and kept on looking around, which Joey now noticed him doing.

"What's up?"

Joey asked and looked at Louis who looked quite uncomfortable and uneasy for some reason.

"If you're worried about this place collapsing any minute now, then don't! It's safe and is still good to live in even if there would be a big earthquake happening!"

"No, that's not it. I have wondering eyes so don't mind me. They kind of do their own thing without me being able to control it sometimes!"

Joey just scratched the back of his head and nodded.

"Right... Well! Here's the tea! Let's dig in!"

Joey said with a cheerful tone to his voice and instantly started to eat. Hospital food wasn't the best, so he was starving for something like this!

"I heard what happened to you from Mr Kaiba. I'm sorry you had to go through that..."

"Na. It's ok! You don't have to be sorry! It's not like it's your fault or anything!"

Joey laughed after saying it, but Louis didn't. Instead, he looked at Joey with wide eyes. As if he was in shock but also angry at the same time.

"Of corse it's not my fault. Why would I be involved in an organization like that! Are you saying that because I'm from France like they are?!"