Chapter Fifteen

"Ev are you awake?" I open my eyes slowly and see Sarah poking at my arm nonstop. I close my eyes again and groan. "I really need you to wake up." She begs and pokes me again and again.

"Ugh Sarah, not now." I groan as I turn around in bed. I open one eye and see Rafe sleeping peacefully. "Ev come onnn," Sarah pleads and I start waking myself up.

I sit up in bed lightly and look around. I was in Rafe's room, I found myself waking up here more times than I did in my own room.

Rafe was sleeping a few inches away from me. "What's wrong?" I ask Sarah. She looks pretty panicked and she gestures for me to get out of bed. I follow her out of the room.

I pass by a mirror, I look sleepy as hell in one of Rafe's tees. Once I'm in Sarah's room, she closes the door behind her. "What's going on?" I ask her.

"John B and I broke up last night." She says panicking. "Wait what?" I ask her. She begins panic walking around the room, holding her hands to her head.

"We just started fighting so much about Kie and JJ and Pope," She begins. "Wait what does that have to do with you and John B?" I ask her.

"I don't know! he was giving me so much shit for what I did with Topper but I literally broke Topper's heart for John B!" She yells. I nod.

"So you guys called it off?" I ask. "Well we did! I'm just sick of him constantly acting like I'm the bad guy." She explains and I nod. "God this summer could not get any more complicated." I say.

"Tell me about it." She groans, sitting next to me. "Well are you really done? I mean you and John B, you guys always find your way back to each other." I tell her.

"I know, maybe we will." She says. "I just want him to apologize to me for everything he said about Topper." She says. "He'll come around Sarah, he always does." I reassure her.

"John B is most DEFINITELY not coming around!" Sarah screams as she enters the dining room. "Jesus Sarah, can you keep it down?" Rafe groans.

He's been in a terrible mood all morning because he woke up with a migraine. Rafe and I had just sat down to have breakfast with Ward and Wheezie. I watch Rafe sip his coffee like he's about to die.

Sarah walks around the dining table, furiously. "What's wrong Rafe? Coke withdrawals?" She spits at him. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah actually, I haven't touched coke in a week." Rafe says as he rubs his head. I smile slowly and Ward does too. "You're doing good Rafe." Ward says calmly.

"Okay, there's bigger problems on the table!" Sarah reminds everyone. "Why is he not coming around?" I ask her as I eat a spoon of cereal. Rafe aggressively stabs the slice of bread in front of him.

"I just found out from Kelce that the boys are heading down to this party all the way off West Coast." Sarah tells us.

"Man those West Coast parties are the real Ragers, I went this one time and there was so much cokee-" Rafe stops talking when he sees the look on Ward's face. Wheezie laughs.

"Yeah! Exactly. And everybody knows about kind of people off West Coast, they're literally all on steroids that just make them wanna have sex and just go on bender after bender." Sarah keeps talking.

Ward looks mortified. I notice Rafe nodding and smiling at everything she says as if he's reliving some type of euphoric memory. I shoot him a look and he stops.

"What?" He says while laughing. I make a face and I laugh too. He steals a strawberry off my plate and I try grabbing it back.

"You guys can you focus??" Sarah yells again, getting our attention. "Alright, so John B's going to this crazy party tonight," I begin.