Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Melody stood still watching the man in front of her, she had no idea that such specimens existed in real life. She was used to seeing them in vanity magazines, those magazines that only showcase rich and beautiful men, sheets and sheets of pure masculinity, wealth, and luxury. Men hand in hand with women who wore clothes more expensive than a car.

"Hello? Can you speak?" the man made her react with his heightened level of sarcasm. "Can I have my coffee now, or are you going to stare at me for ten more minutes? If it's the latter, let me know so I can sit down."

The man was irritating.

Was nothing in life perfect? Melody blinked a couple of times and watched as the man smiled.

With perfect, white teeth, typical of someone who exuded so much power and money.

"Your coffee will come out when I'm done with the others," Melody turned back to the machine and waited for the small shot of coffee.

She had to call Doyle back to get a technician, otherwise they were going to lose customers.

The coffee shop had a lot of regular customers, the kind you could tell just by looking at them, they were repeat customers, old men visiting old Doyle's business.

"Are you always this annoying?"

"Whenever a man because he has money wants to walk past those already on shift."

The customers still at the bar looked from one to the other, as if it were a fight.

Although Melody was awfully close to going over the giant's head with a demolisher.

She smiled at her own wild thought.

"Great. Now she's laughing to herself," the man spoke again, and Melody couldn't ignore him.

It was automatic with her; she always had an answer for everything. That's why she'd had so much trouble with her parents. She'd been a talkative teenager.

"I laugh at your pushiness." It wasn't true, but at least she could still incentivize the man to get upset.

The Mr. Money, for some reason irritated her son immensely, and if the saying that who you hate in pregnancy, like him your child will turn out, would that be true, for Melody would love for her son to have those beautiful eyes.

She delivered the last of the coffees and packed up the order of butter rolls and muffins and dispatched two of the customers at the counter.

"I did not come with arrogance. You, young lady halfway through puberty, you've put me in this mood," he squinted, and Melody watched as tiny wrinkles set in the corners of his eyes.

Melody's life was based on going back and forth from work to home, if anything going to the supermarket or pharmacy for a pill for her puking, which had never worked out for her, and yet she kept shopping for them in hopes to stop expelling everything that touched her stomach, there were times when food didn't even make it to her stomach, it just came back up from her throat.

So, when that Mr. Money walked into the cafeteria, Melody had unconsciously decided to have some fun at his expense and in the process, refresh her eyesight.

"I'm not a young girl halfway through puberty," she refuted, pouring his coffee.

The chauffeur or bodyguard, or ass licker, whatever, was still standing behind the rich guy watching the door, as if a war were going to break out at any moment, it would be funny to see a pregnant Melody hitting the rich guy with a butter bun.