Butterflies and Daffodils

You fiddled with the suitcase handle as you waited for the concierge to come back with your room key. Initially, you were worried that you might have been refused service. Between the cuts along your face and the grass stains on your dress, you were definitely not the pinnacle of cleanliness.

    While you were lost in thought, the concierge had arrived. You didn't realize this until he awkwardly coughed and slid you the key. The key itself was a lot like the hotel, faded and worn. The concierge, you would have to get his name at some point, loudly exhaled. You took this as your que to head to your room.

    Every step to your room seemed to creak. Your eyes ran along the wall, the cracks only further reinforcing your thoughts that this place was going to crumble soon. Your room's door made an insufferable creak as you opened it.

    The room itself was nice, minus the few dark stains littering the brick walls. The floor was old, and looked to be made from dark oak. You made a mental note to wear slippers to avoid getting splinters. You dropped your suitcase in front of the bathroom door and walked over to the bed. It seemed comfortable enough, albite lumpy. You sighed, at least you'd only have to deal with these accommodations for the night. 

    Sitting down on the bed, you took out the letter that brought you to this old hotel on the outskirts of Las Nevadas. Carefully re-opening it, you began to re-read it.

Dear (y/n) (m/n) (l/n),

    I heard through the grapevine that Schlatt had another kid. As a family friend, I'm here to offer information for a favor that can be determined at a later date.

Your father, Schlatt, passed away due to alcohol poisoning. He was an important figure in L'manberg history. Feel free to read about him in the Las Nevadas Library.

You'll find your half-brother, Tubbo, in either Las Nevadas or Snowchester. He has a platonic husband and a son. I've already told him about you and he's ecstatic to see you.

Safe travels.

:)

    It's not every day you get a cryptic letter from an anonymous sender telling you about your mysterious family. You, naturally, decided to check it out. It was convenient, with your new home and flower shop only a days trip to Las Nevadas. 

    A small tear ran down your cheek, you didn't bother to stop it from dripping onto the bedding beneath you. "Change is good.", you whispered repeatedly, it was a mantra your mother used to whisper to you. You fiddled with one of the vines in your hair, careful not to damage the flowers growing along it. 

    Calming down, you walked over to your bag and carefully put the letter back. The light was no longer coming through your window and you decided to close the shades to prevent whatever creeps lurked about at night from peaking in. You then slip into bed, acknowledging you'd need your rest for tomorrow.