the game

after we get home I go and read for a little, before getting bored and checking the newspaper, which I never do.

I read over all the articles about heathers death and how heartbroken her parents were. But I knew her, her parents couldn't care less about her.

After reading that depressive article I go and just check the normal, boring, news. I also see things about the other victims, and about the killer.

The custodian at the mall, Martin, he's really nice. I like to go to the mall whenever Simon lets me and I have talked to him a little bit. I know most high schoolers don't go to malls to talk to the custodians but he's funny and nice so I'm fine with it.

Anyways, I go back to reading and see that he was interviewed, or like reported. He talked about how he knew the guy, Ryan, and how he thought he was just a guy who would go home and read comic books and how Martin thinks he just snapped.

As I continue to read, It says that he got arrested, what?

"SIMON" for the second time today I'm calling out this day because something weird and sad happened. This wasn't as sad but more confusing,

"WHAT IS IT THIS TIME" he yells back obviously sick of me talking to him. I think he got the memo though because he walked into my room asking what happened.

"You know Martin, from the mall"

"Yeah your best friend who's a custodian and is like 30. What? Did he die, that would suck" surprise surprise, Simon is making fun of me for talking to Martin, he did seem a bit concerned, I mean he doesn't want anyone to die, I don't think so at least.

"No he didn't die, thankfully. But he is in jail" Simon gave me one of those, 'really' looks so I show him the article saying that he had spray cans in his bag. Which made it look like he wrote the witch rhyme on the walls of the mall. By the way someone wrote the witches rhyme on different places of the mall, but hopefully Simon figured that out by now.

"Well that's awfully unfortunate"

"It's bullshit that's what it is. Martin would never do that" Simon then proceeds to give me one of his 'language' looks, before continuing to argue with me,

"Look at all the evidence, it just proves he's guilty"

"If Martin says that the cans are planted then I think they are planted!" I raise my voice a little,

"sorry"

~time skip to the bus on the way to the game ~

I slide next to Simon on the uncomfortable school bus. Simon, who has his face painted green and has a broomstick, convinced me to come to the game with him. We had to leave Tate at home.

We had to leave a lot earlier then we normally do for games because there was a memorial for heather and the people who died last night. That was mandatory for band, the football players, and the cheerleaders. And Simon decided to come with, and brought me.

As we pass through the ending of Shadyside, our poor and run down town. We enter Sunnyvale, the richer, cleaner, happier town. Did I mention that it was rich?

Anyways almost all the houses there are Mansions unlike Shadysides 1 story, old, and small ones. The Sunnyvale high school also was huge, it had a pool, a basketball court, a huge and separate gym, and an giant outdoor field. All things that we didn't have.

As we all pile out of the buses to go to the memorial I go and talk to Deena and Kate who are standing together. I look around at all the snotty kids from Sunnyvale and Sam catches my eyes. I make sure not to mention anything at all that could give Deena any hint of where Sam was. As I take another look I notice that I not only see Sam but I also see a musty ass boy grabbing her butt and holding his arm around her.