The house in the corner

My sister and I went to walk our little dog around the block. There are 6 houses on our side of the street, ours being the second one from the corner of Maclay and Gladstone. We exited our home and as we walked up the driveway (there is an incline out our front door to the sidewalk), I turned to my right and saw clear across the front yards of the 3 closest neighbors, clear to the last house on the corner.

I could see that somebody was watering the front yard of the house on the corner of Gladstone and Macneil. I could see that it was a woman watering her yard, she was wearing what appeared to be a robe. It was an older woman. She had completely gray hair, a little on the poofy side, you know, I could kind of see "through" it. Anyway, I could see her holding the water hose and I could see the stream of water coming from it, out to the sidewalk.

I told my sister, "The sidewalk is going to be wet." My sister later told me she thought, "Wet?"

There are approximately 60 - 70 steps to the corner house, not much, and as we approached that very area, nothing! No wet sidewalk, no water hose, nobody watering the lawn. I was dumbfounded.

I told my sister, "Hey! I just saw somebody watering this front lawn! That's why I told you the sidewalk would be wet!" My sister didn't see anything and most certainly didn't believe me. She had just wondered why I had said that the sidewalk would be wet. I never saw it again.

I've seen the woman who lived in that house (still does, to the best of my knowledge). I've seen her several times, in fact, wearing a house coat or robe. I know I had seen what I had seen, and yet...? What was that about?