A Malewife and a Girlboss

"Sunny! I'm heading off to work!" Aubrey called, hurrying down the stairs. Sunny looked up from washing the dishes, smiling.
"Of course, dear. I'll take care of the household chores." He assures. Aubrey plants a quick kiss on his cheek before stepping out of the house with a wave.
Sunny sighed as the door slammed shut. He was never one who enjoyed being alone. Without distractions, he often found himself lost within his thoughts, feeling as if hands were grabbing at him from all around.
Shaking himself of these feelings, Sunny bustled around the house, making sure that rooms were clean, floor was vacuumed, and dinner was made.

With a clink, Sunny put down the last plate on the table. The whole house smelled of chicken, rice, and faint traces of cake. Aubrey deserves a nice meal after working overtime for so long. Sunny thought with a loving smile.
It was 4:00 pm. Soon, at 5, Aubrey should be arriving home. Sunny made sure to check every room again, making sure they were spotless, before sitting down at the dinner table.

Hours later, Sunny awoke with a start. He checked the time—9:37 pm—Aubrey didn't wake him up.
"Honey?" Sunny called, voice drowsy. "I'm awake now, I'm so–" He stopped. Aubrey stood in the doorway, arms folded. Her expression bore pure malice.
"... Honey? I'm– I'm sorry." Sunny's voice was small. He looked down with shame.
"You should be. You are a malewife. How dare you sleep when you should have been waiting for ME, a GIRLBOSS." Aubrey's voice rose with fury. Sunny bowed his head.
"Please, I'm sorry–" Thwack!

Aubrey had backhanded him across the face. "No words can save you. Be quiet. You know what's coming." She raised her hand. Sunny fought the urge to raise his arms and defend himself.

"Gaslight,"
Thwack!
"Gatekeep,"
Thwack!
"Girlboss."
THWACK!