Chapter 1

I stared out the window, fiddling with my daylight ring as we drove through open country somewhere on the Eastern side of the States. Elijah had received word from one of his contacts that there was something important for him to see. And of course, with having nothing else to do, he dragged me along with him. When I asked why I needed to go with him he had said 'for back-up' but we both knew he could handle it on his own. Being an Original and all. Of course, when he mentioned who he was meeting, I jumped at the chance. We pulled up outside of a house and we both got out, surveying it. "He's here. And he's brought the girl with him. This is a mistake," I heard a man say from inside, clearly anxious. I smirked over at Elijah, feeling the fear vibrating off the house.

"No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me," a woman replied.

"No! He wants me dead, Rose. That's why he's brought her along. To kill me so he doesn't have to get his hands dirty." A growl erupted from my throat as I felt my teeth lengthening. Elijah wasn't the only one who wanted him dead. I was about to kick the door in, to attack the man that said that, but a hand on my arm stopped me.

"He wants her more."

"I can't do this. You give her to him, he'll have mercy on you. But I need to get out of here." I zoned out the rest of the conversation as we walked up the steps to the door. Knocking on it, we waited for someone to open it. When no one did, I glanced over at Elijah, who twisted the knob, slowly pushing the door open. Stepping over the threshold, a figure made its way down the stairs, stopping when it got to the bottom. My eyes swept the room, looking for any potential danger. When I saw that there were none, my eyes stopped on the female standing not too far away.

"Rose Marie. Is there somewhere we can talk?" Elijah asked her. The woman looked from him over to me before nodding her head.

"Yes, in here. You have to forgive the house."

"What's a little dirt?" I shrugged, pulling the door shut and following Elijah into another room.

"So tell me. What is it that gives you the courage to call me?"

"I wanted my freedom. I'm tired of running. You in a position to grant me that?" I found a chair to sit on, plopping down into it and crossing my leg over the other.

"I have complete authority to grant pardon to you and your little pet. What is his name?" Elijah asked, looking over at me.

"Trevor, if I recall correctly."

"Katerina Petrova." My eyes widened slightly, meeting Elijah's as he turned to face Rose briefly. Taking a seat in the other chair, he looked up at her, waiting. "She didn't burn in the church in 1864."

"Continue," I told her, waving my hand as she paused.

"She survived."

"Where is she?" Elijah shot me a look, telling me to calm down. I was eager to find Katerina.

"You don't seem surprised by this."

"Well, when you called and invited me to this armpit of civilization, which is a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised it had everything to do with Katerina. Do you have her in your possession?" I held back a laugh at his choice of words, quickly sobering up when he asked if Katerina was here.

"No, but I have better. I have her doppelganger."

"That's impossible. Her family line ended with her. I know that for a fact."

"Facts are wrong."

"Well show her to us."

"Elijah, you're a man of honor. You're to be trusted, but I want to hear you say it again."

"You have my word that I will pardon you."

 "Follow me." Elijah glanced over at me as we both got up and followed Rose through the house. Entering another room, I noticed another woman pacing back and forth. She turned at the sound of our footsteps, mine and Rose's being louder with our heels on. I froze upon seeing her face. Using my speed, I was in front of her in a flash and she stared at me, obviously frightened. I slowly moved closer to her neck, taking a quick sniff before taking a few steps back.

"Human," I said aloud, looking over at Elijah, who repeated my actions.

"That's impossible. Hello there." The girl's breathing became erratic as her heart started beating faster. "We have a long journey ahead of us. We should be going."

"Please, don't let them take me," the girl begged, looking over at Rose.

"One last piece of business. Then we're done." Turning, Elijah walked over to Trevor and I followed, moving around to his back while Elijah stopped in front of him.

"I have waited so long for this day, Elijah. Truly, very sorry."

"Your apology is not necessary."

"Yes, yes it is. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you."

"Well, yes you are the guilty one. Rose aided you because she was loyal to you then, I honor that. Where was your loyalty?"

"I beg your forgiveness."

"So granted." Elijah's eyes flickered over Trevor's shoulder to me and I smirked, bringing my hand up and quickly slicing across Trevor's neck. His head fell to the ground, his body following. Rose started crying from behind me and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't, Rose. Now that you are free." Elijah walked over to the human, holding a hand out, "Come."

"What about the moonstone?" She cried, backing away.

"What do you know about the moonstone?" I asked, appearing beside Elijah.

"I know that you need it and I know where it is. I can help you get it."

"Tell me where it is," Elijah cut in.

"It doesn't work that way."

"Are you negotiating with me?" He looked over his shoulder at Rose, who was still crying.

 "It's the first I've heard of it." He turned back towards the human, looking into her eyes. I could tell his compulsion wasn't working.

His eyes flickered down to her necklace, "What is this vervain doing around your neck?" Ripping the necklace off and throwing it to the side, he grabbed her head, forcing her to meet his eyes. "Tell me where the moonstone is."

"In the tomb underneath the church ruins," the girl responded in a monotone voice, the compulsion finally working.

"What is it doing there?"

"It's with Katherine."

Here it is! The first chapter of my new story! Hope you guys like it! I'll post the second chapter soon.

I kind of suck as descriptions, so if the description sucks, now you know why.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2015.