Chapter 5: Twisted Tradition

2nd Person POV
-April 2nd, 1923-

You woke up, staring at the double barrel shotgun that was between your eyes with a tired, unimpressed expression. Easily, you knocked the gun out of Alastor's hands, making him pout. 
"Come on, Al, I know you're more creative than that." You said, smirking at your boss/roommate/new-found best friend. It had been a few weeks since you moved in and started working for him, and since then you and Alastor just clicked. You never went somewhere without the other and you spent your free time chatting away, or you would go killing together in the early hours of the morning. Every morning, whoever woke up first would set a small trap to try and catch the other off-guard. It usually involved one of you getting a small injury, and once the other realizes this they immediately start apologizing and dotting over the injured person. 
"Darn! I thought this one would be quite the surprise. Guess I'll just have to try something else next time!" Alastor chuckled, sitting on the edge of your bed. 
"So Al, what's on the script for today? Any missing person reports?" You joked as you sat up, stretching. You knew that any missing person in this town was you or Alastor's doing, and you found amusement when you could hear him reporting them on his radio show in his study as you fixed breakfast downstairs. 
"Not today, my dear!" Alastor answered, chuckling. You laughed along with him before getting up and grabbing your robe. 
"What time is it, Al?" You ask, looking at Alastor over your shoulder as you tie your robe. Alastor refused to make eye contact with you and he covered his face with his hand. All your pyjamas were sheer nightgowns most of the time, so they didn't leave much to the imagination if one were to see you in them. Alastor always loved but hated seeing you in your pyjamas. He knew you were an attractive woman the day he met you, and he did admit, seeing you in your night dresses certainly flustered him, yet he knew it was impolite of him to stare. After all, you were his best friend and employee, nothing more! Sure he'd love to take you out on a date someday and he loves having you to himself in his manor and he especially loves seeing you on his arm and- oh my God Alastor likes you.

Furrowing his eyebrows as he came to his own realization, he tried to regain his composure so he could answer your question. 
"I believe last time I checked the time it was about 8:25, my dear!" Alastor finally responded, regaining his composure and confidence, yet still refusing to look at you.  You nod and turn around to face him. 
"Well you'd better hurry then, don't want to keep your listeners waiting!" You giggle as you leave the room and start to head downstairs. Alastor stands up, fixing his bowtie with a sigh as he leaves the room and heads to his study to do his usual broadcast for the morning.

You hummed as you fixed breakfast, smiling to yourself as you could hear the muffled sounds of Alastor's laughter from his study. His voice always gave you this warm, fuzzy feeling. He was just an all around welcoming person, well, as welcoming as a serial murderer could be. Of course, you were the only one who knew how deranged he was, but it didn't bother you. He had become your best friend, murderer or not, you enjoyed his company. 
Setting the plates of pancakes on the dining table, you swiftly moved back to the counter to make you and Alastor's coffee. You both preferred straight black coffee, another similarity between the two of you that made you feel warm and fuzzy. Going on killing sprees with Alastor made you feel.. alive. You could tell Alastor thoroughly enjoyed the sprees too. He made you feel seen, and you didn't feel as lonely. Sure you had friends in your old town, but most of the girls just used you to try and move up the ranks of dancers at your work. It was clear that Alastor wasn't using you, besides, what could he possibly be using you for? Someone to murder innocent civilians with? Yeah right. 

"My, that smells wonderful, my dear!" Alastor's cheery voice echoed in the big manor. The sudden exclamation startled you, making you spill coffee on your robe.
"Damn it Alastor! Ugh, this was my favorite robe." You groaned as Alastor walks over to you. 
"My apologies dear, I didn't mean to startle you! Let me help you clean this mess up," Alastor says, placing a hand on your shoulder. You look up at him with a scowl before accepting his help with wiping off the counter. Looking down at your now coffee-stained robe, you sigh as you untie it and fold it, ready to put it in the washer later, completely forgetting you were still wearing your nightgown. Not that you cared, it wouldn't bother Alastor that you were still in your pyjamas right? You were going to change and shower after breakfast, but you didn't want to be stuck wearing a dirty robe. You would do it now, but you didn't want your breakfast to get cold so you simply poured your coffee into your mug and sat down, beginning to eat. Alastor hummed as he turned around, holding his own mug before noticing you had taken off your robe. His face flushed bright crimson as he stared at you in your sheer nightgown. He cleared his throat, trying to act normal as he took his seat a the dining table, trying to pry his eyes away from you. 

"So Al, how'd the broadcast go? Everything run smoothly like normal?" You decided to make small talk with your friend as you sipped on your coffee, looking up at the brunette man that was sitting diagonal to you. Noticing his flushed expression, your eyebrows knit together in confusion. 'What's his problem? Is he not feeling well? Perhaps he has a fever?' You thought to yourself as the young man across from you set down his mug, staring at the table. 
"Y-Yes everything was just splendid, my dear!" Alastor responded, stuttering a bit as he tugged at the collar of his shirt. 
"Al? Is everything alright? Your face is bright red! Are you feeling alright? You look like you have a fever!" You asked, leaning over the table to feel your friend's forehead to check for a fever. He seemed to be a bit warm but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Alastor laughed nervously pushing your hand away gently. 
"I'm quite alright, my dear! It just seems to be a bit warm in here," Alastor said, still laughing nervously and avoiding to look you in the eyes. You furrowed your eyebrows and plopped back in your seat, picking up your fork and taking a bite of one of the pancakes on your plate. 

.
.
.
.
.
.

Letting the warm water run down your body you let out a sigh before turning the knob and shutting off the shower. Stepping out you wrapped a towel around your body and began brushing your teeth. 
Once you were done and dry, you slipped on a simple button down dress shirt and black skirt. You dried your hair and styled it how you normally do before going downstairs to the living room. Alastor was nowhere to be seen. 'Odd.'  You thought to yourself as you picked up the book that was sitting on the coffee table. Just as you were about to start reading, you feel a hand on your shoulder. 
"Alastor?"
"My dear, you seem to have forgotten what day it is!" 
"Hm? What do you mean, Al?"
"My dear it's Saturday, you know what that means." Alastor's grin became sinister and you smiled a sinister grin of your own. 
"Oh yes of course! How could I forget?" Saturdays were the days you and Alastor would spend the early hours of the morning murdering. It was by far your favorite twisted tradition you and Alastor had come up with.

"Yes well, we'll have to go out and find a target for tonight won't we, my dear?" 
"You're absolutely correct, my good sir," With a laugh, you took Alastor's hand and he led you to the front door. 
"Ladies first," He always did this whenever you two went somewhere together, and every time it never failed to make you blush. 
"Thank you, Al. Now let's get going. Don't want to miss out on any fun now, do we?" You giggled to yourself as Alastor slung his arm around your shoulder and led you to his car. 
"You're absolutely right, my darling!"