Chapter Ten

**Slight Change in the MCU**

A year has passes since the Civil War incident within the Avengers, a year in which many unknown and some unearthly threats have ravaged different parts of the world. All these incidents needed a saviour with some sort of super power... it gave the world time to rethink, the reevaluate the importance of the Avengers... a new deal is in process and with it the full pardon (with conditions) of Winter Soldier Free - Sargent James 'Bucky' Barnes. This is all subject to no issues accruing within the team or what's left of Shield. 

You watch the news, this means Bucky would be back in New York, you could go back, rescue him. The disappearing act you'd pulled in Wakanda had not been the smartest move you'd ever made. Not only did you now not know where the only person that meant anything to you was, but everyone was after you the government, Hydra and some other people you didn't recognise. You'd wound up in a forrest somewhere, for a year you've been running, in solitude, your magic exhausting you. You stuck out like a sore thumb in most places, white streaks in your crimped looking hair, scars in most places, the inability to mingle properly without being weird and of course the agents that were constantly following you. But enough was enough, it was time to find Bucky, he could help you. 

Walking to a secluded alleyway you wait till no ones looking before creating a portal directly inside the Avenger's Tower. The lights in the hallways tinker on as you step out of the portal and follow the sound of chatter. 

"Don't mean to alarm anyone, but if everyone is in here... who is in the corridor?" Visions soothing but robotic tone cut though the chatter... the top ten floors were restricted access no-one should be up here. 

"Hi" as if on cue you appear in the doorway. Standing to attention, preparing whatever weapons they have close the avengers stand staring at you, Steve and Sam immediately standing in front of Bucky. 

"What are you doing here..." Tony gets straight to the point. 

"I came for..." 

"You know what actually, I don't care scary spice, you need to come with us."

"But I.." 

"Grab her" Rhodey, Nat and Clint come towards you. 

"Please don't..." you back away but Clint comes over and tries to manhandle you into a tight grip whilst Nat looks down and says 'sorry about this' and tasers you. 

"Well that tickled" you look up at her and she back at you confused, most people would be unconscious. "seriously you should get the stuff they used on me at Hydra...wow that was something" you say lightly but with a pain in your voice. 

"How..." you kick backwards hitting Clint in the balls sending him flying before using your portal skills to grab two kitchen knives with your hands and pull them to where you are.

"I don't want to fight anyone..." You plead.

"Then what's with the knives?" Tony ask, but it's not as harshly as you though it would be. Before you can answer Spider-Man comes swinging in from somewhere. 

"Don't worry Mr Stark! I got her" 

"Kid no!" He tried to interject but the spider-man has already used his webs to trap your hands to the door. 

"Let me go please..." you start to panic, being strapped down like that made you think of Hydra, then Shield. 

"No can do....aaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh" Suddenly sider-man, who you now see is called Peter drops to the floor in agony. You stare at him, a tesseract blue smoky magic encircles Peter as you flip the knife to face your hand you cut away the webs, nearly cutting your hand in half I the process.