[2] Sweetly Demanding

Questions, questions, questions.
Everyone has them. Especially you. And it's annoying. Raiden can only keep so much from you. She really doesn't want to but sometimes when you love something.. you get a bit desperate to have things go your way. She'd feed her own selfish desires and cravings of sweetness until the moment you found out.

She knew that trying to keep you this way was wrong but in a small sense it gave her peace of mind. Maybe if she kept you closed out, you wouldn't have the same fate as most of her friends. She didn't want you to slip through her fingers as quickly as they did. She'd make sure that'd never happen.

The woman shifted a bit, sitting on her knees unable to focus with the fact you only left to take a bath. Where were you now? What possibly could take you so long? She'd gripped the fabric on her kimono trying to figure out a distraction. She wanted to pour the tea once you arrived but you were taking forever.

Until a soft pair of footsteps made her lips curve into a smile. A soft smile into a bitter one. Finally, after waiting for so long, you came back. What took you so long? She wanted to say something decently approaching or "nice" but all that could form on her tongue were words laced with venom, "Where exactly were you?"

"I was by the balcony.. talking with one of your guards."

"Whom?"

"No, A male. Dirty blonde hair, tall demeanor, near the balcony?" Raidens nose crinkled at the thought of someone she didn't know actually getting into her palace. She wouldn't appreciate that. Nor did she appreciate anyone talking to you, they were wasting your time. Time she could be spending with you instead.

What if they were a rebel? Trying to taint you? No but.. maybe. She had a maid pour the tea with one raise of her hand, the maid didn't even look at you. Head low, eyes low, leaving as soon as the task wad completed like drone.

"Don't go running off with the guards. Not everyone is trustworthy. If you speak to anyone, it's me, the maids, or my loyal dog, Sara." You rolled your eyes, trying to get comfortable on your knees, which felt impossible. You didn't understand how she could sit in such a position all day and be comfortable.

"And if I don't listen? I have the free liberty to my own choices in life. Not you. Plus, how can I tell that you are trustworthy?" The woman simply gripped her cup of tea a little tighter, brushing over your words with silence. A passive aggressive, no. Why shouldn't she be trust worthy? She's given housing, food, her literal private garden. She could've detained you long ago yet she didn't.

"Listening would be best advised. After all, you aren't very fit for labor, are you? What makes you think you could survive past my garden? In inazuma itself for that matter. The land can be a death trap, screaming for someone like you to run along so the earth can devour you until you were nothing but a fragment of memory." The woman's gaze trailed away from your own, almost spacing off a bit, looking far out.

"Ah.. You sound well aquatinted with those words. Are you a victim to them? You know, loss is something we all have to deal with. Even if I, or others become a fragment, that fragment carries weight to those we've loved. It'd at least still effect someone. So, I won't be completely useless." You paused for a second, studying her expressionless face, she was trying not to react all the time. You could tell with the way the muscles in her face would twitch with aggravation.

"Can I ask you something..?" She glanced at you as of saying, speak mutt while silently awaiting your question,

"Who exactly are you?"

Oh. Another question she wasn't fond of. The sweetness she craved was turned into something more like a lemon tart. Bitter sweet. Undesirable.
Why can't you just not ask questions? But who is she to blame.. She'd do the same if you didn't tell her about the guard, if they even were her guard. She'd squeeze an answer out of you like a viper all the same for a question.

"Raiden Shogun."

"The woman you speak so formally of is yourself? The one that'd have me punished for trespassing on homelands and property is you? Then why haven't you punished me long ago? Why wait? But.. In the end, I still don't know of who you are." Silence wasn't the best response. You didn't exactly enjoy it especially from a woman who claimed to have power but those still weren't know to you. What power could she have?

"You'll just have to learn, or maybe.. I'll teach you." A lingering tone in her voice sent a shiver down your spine, the sluttery in her words almost seemed unnoticeable. Yet, you noticed. Raiden found her sweetness once more with the confused look on your face, your desire for an answer shut down quickly as soon as she utter those words.

"For now, my whereabouts aren't anything of importance. This conversation can continue another day. Get some rest, you can only be awake for so long." She placed her warm cup down, slowly shifting upwards.

"But-"

"No buts" With a few words of parting, she said goodnight. Leaving you with yourself in an empty tea room and a maid standing by the door, head low and silent.

You pursed your lips at the thought of Raiden. Always hiding everything about her even if you've known each other for a while now. You could safely say you were friends but you didn't know if she viewed you the same. Standing up, you stopped by the maid finally taking notice of her fully.

"Raiden's orders are that you accompany me to finding your quarters. Please follow me.." She had flushed pink cheeks, rosy colored lips and looked flustered each moment she spoke. More nervous then the rest of the maids.

"Oh? I'm not really tired. So.. I'm going out into the city."

"Y.. you can't! The doors have been locked for night long ago and you aren't leaving without her excellencies approval." She stammered, trying to usher you away to your bedroom.

"Alright, I won't leave then. Can you... Get me a snack? Like dango from the kitchen?" She looked at you with a slight bit of skeptics but let it go as quickly as she doubted.

"Of course, right away." She dipped her head down while you rolled your eyes. Stepping over to the nearest window and sliding out with ease. Yeah, no. You aren't being held captive in some woman's house. You didn't have time to be kidnapped. Plus, the dirt outside was nicer anyways.

Plus, You'd like to see that one boy again.. nothing wrong with that, Right?