009 Home Sweet Home

I apologize in advance, this chapter might be a bit long 🙃.
__________________

"Kat." Maze shook me as she woke me up.

I slowly opened my heavy eyes. My eyes adjusted to the darkness around me. We were still in the plane. We probably just landed.

"Wha-what time is it?" I ask as i turn to Maze. My voice was rough as i just got up. My throat was dry.

"It's 21:45. You slept through the whole flight. I was ganna wake you but i decided not too. You looked like you needed the rest." Maze said as she handed me a bottle of water. It's almost as if she can read my mind sometimes.

"Thanks." I chug down the bottle of water.

"You know you don't have to say thanks for everything right?" She smirks

"Yeah I know. It's just a habit." I shrugged

"Alright then. We better get a move on, unless you want to sleep in the plane again." She hops out of her seat and head for the door.

"Nope. Im coming." I say as I jump out of my seat.

My limbs were stiff as i got up. I stretched out and felt my muscles pull.
I walked to the door. It was pretty dark. Maze had a torch on her so i could see her.

"Here." Maze hands me a torch.

"Than- nah ah what did i say.' Maze cut me off.

"Ok ok sorry." I sighed as i put my hands up in surrender.

I grabbed a duffle bag and started following her away from the plane. We walked until the plane is almost out of sight. Maze stopped at what seemed to look like a dead bush at first, until she ripped the leaves and branches of it revealing a black dodge challenger.

The sound of the engine roared through the quiet field.

I helped her get all our things into the car. We drove off in silence. Maze drove me into the city, to a small cafe that was opened.

"Com'on I'm hungry." She says as she hops out of the car.

I chuckle and follow her as we walk into the cafe. We sat and ate for a while.
We walked back to the car and Maze took me to her apartment.

"Don't judge. I haven't come here in a while so it might be messy, I'm not to sure." She said as she opened the door.

This place was so not what i was expecting. I was expecting it to be a small place, instead we walked into a huge living room with a huge amount of space.

"You can have the second door on the right. The first door is my room and the room on the left by the kitchen is my training room. I keep all my gear there too so don't get hurt." She said as she showed me around.

I look around my new room and it was perfect. It had a huge window with a desk but something on the other side of the room caught my attention.

I was amazed at how many instruments Maze had.

"I'm guessing this room used to be your music room." I walk towards the instruments and admire the different guitars she had.

"Yeah. I don't really play. I was learning to but then i had no time to go to lessons so now it just sits there. I was thinking i could sell it." She shrugged.

I turned swiftly towards her." What? Why? It's so pretty.......I mean it's totally your choice but do you really want to sell all this stuff." I pick up a acoustic guitar and start to play one of my favourites songs.

"You play." Maze says as a smile appears on her face.

"Yeah. This is Flightless bird, American mouth. It was one of my favourites growing up. I used to play it all the time." I say as i sit down the edge of my bed.

"It's pretty........ I'll tell you what, you continue you playing like this and you can have everything here and more."

"Really?" I look up at her.

"As long as i get to see that smile." She grins.

I was so focused on the song that I didn't realise i had a huge smile on my face. I continue to play as she watches me.

___________________________

Avengers POV

Everyone walks into the meeting room after recovering from the mission in Russia a few hours ago.

"It seems as if your mission didn't go according to plan." Fury states as everyone sits down.

"What do you mean didn't go according to plan? We destroyed the Hydra Base like you asked." Tony questions.

Everyone passes confused glances at each other.

"Well that part you got right. It's the fact that two of their experiment subjects that are now missing is the problem." Fury says as he pulls up files on Maze and Katerina on the screen.

"These two subjects... Mazikeen Smith and Katerina Blair Winter need to be found and brought in. We do not know how dangerous they are or what power they hold. The sooner we find them the less danger the world is at. So get to work." Fury says as he walks out of the room.

"What the heck! We just came from a mission and now we're going straight into another one. You've got to be kidding me." Loki complained.

"Relax Loki." Thor commanded.

Loki shot Thor a death stare.

"Well this seems like a simple mission. We just need a location. Grab 'em and lock 'em in the cell." Tony said as he walked up to the screen.

"Yeah but we don't know what powers they have." Wanda stated.

"I doubt that a skinny 23 year old and a child can take all of us down at once." Tony replies.

"But this is Hydra. Their probably traumatized and in hiding in Russia." Bucky defended.

"Traumatized and powerful. Got it" Tony shrugs.

"Call me when you boys get something" Natasha sighs leaving the room.

"Me too." Yelena says as she follows Nat.

"Yeah. Have fun" Carol bails " Wanda you coming?"

"Yeah sure." Wanda follows Carol.

"Well it looks like the ladies are out of this one." Sam says

"Yeah. You guys go take a break. We'll call you when we get something." Banner says as he grabs a ipad and starts typing.

Bucky, Loki and Thor left without a word.

"How bad is this going to get?' Steve questions.

"I don't know but its Hydra. We need to find out what  they were planning."

Steve leaves the room as Tony and Banner began to work.

___________________________

If you do not know the song it is in the video above.❤️