Teaser

Okay soooo I have this book I've been working on since middle school I would love peoples opinions. Thats all please engoiy.

         Cap, Maree, and Kypo had just escaped the inner ring. In need of shelter, they take refuge in an abandoned warehouse. Kypo had been heavily injured, they all had. Their escape had been chaotic, when the guards had found them, it turned into an all-out brawl. Maree, using her telekinesis to influence the slums' inhabitance into rioting. As the riots started, and chaos ensued, the trio slinked away, to nurse their wounds and regroup. The consequences of Maree's mental attack, had her reeling. Influencing so many people at once gives her major headaches. Cap was the least affected by the altercation due to her small stature, fast reflexes, and ability. Kypo on the other hand, was in, by far the worst condition. Unlike his twin, Maree his ability was almost purely fiscal. The ability practically required for him to be on the front lines. On the plus side, his endurance, and pain resistance are much higher than the average person. So instead of worrying about his many bruises, cuts, and most likely fractured ribs, he was more worried about his sister and her significant other. After that beating they'd just taken, the tension was palpable. They all knew that if they had gotten caught, it would be the end one way or another. After all, they had just landed themselves on the government's wanted list.

           In an attempt to lighten the mood, he pulls out a pair of dice, the set is old, worn, and crudely made as if done by a child. "Anyone up for a game?" he states in his signature unflappable tone. Maree, not being in the best of moods, due to the splitting headache. A headache that was akin to a minor concussion, but a concussion non the less. That, and the fact that they were most definitely wanted now. Just as she was going to make a rather rude comment about her brother, she stops, the old pair of crudely made dice held carefully in her brother's calloused hands. The very same dice she, and her brother had watched being crafted in rough, wrinkled hands. That despite their age were strong, steady, and still held warmth. A warmth that should have washed away years ago. Just like the old man's hands, he was strong, reliable, and kind. It amazed the twins how this old man could be so caring in the cutthroat world that was the slums. The respect they held for the old man was immense. It could be seen in the way Marree held herself, and in Kypo's mannerisms. The old man had spent months carefully carving those dice. Though they were not pretty they worked. Even if they didn't, the die meant everything to the twins. They were memories of a better, simpler time. A time when it was just the three of them, before Cap, before the fire, that took their grandfather and the Hooverville they lived in. It was just them, their grandfather, his old. rickety cane, and the rusted, chipped buck knife hacking way at a piece of scrap wood. "Sure I'm up for a game, I need a distraction." Cap says, turning her head to look up at Maree, "You in?" Cap and Kypo look at her expectantly. With a sigh and a shrug "Sure, why not." she says tiredly.