Chapter 14 : The Rain

[Class 2-A]

Lacuna highschool, Erstonia, Bellmare

23th April 2021, Friday, 2:26pm

if an examination week was a week of hell, then what's the day you get your results called? apocalyptic day? for sure, it's not the song apocalypse by cigarettes and sex.

results day could be a bad or good thing. but most importantly, two weeks worth of holiday came after that. a compensate for those hellish week and also the apocalyptic results day.

when anna was the second one to be called up in front of the class to get her results paper, all she could felt was that her heart was about to explode from racing too fast.

anxiety filled over her as her homeroom teacher handed her results paper. "you did well.", the older says in which anna just return him a strained smile.

she walked back to her seat, uncomfortably sitting on the chair. she gulped nervously, holding the paper with a trembling hands. taking a deep breath, she folded it opened.

her body froze as she felt her heavy heart just dropped. "..what?", she muttered quiet enough that nobody except herself heard it.

just she thought that everything is getting better, the universe seems to be against of that idea. she looked at all the As she got except for one, physics.

she got a C that is enough to anger her father. a C that's supposed to be good enough with all the As, but to her father, it's far from good.

"-nna!"

she's supposed to go to alryne this sunday with the others and she's not even sure if her father would let her after finding out she got a C.

in the midst of all her thoughts starting to clouded on her mind, a hand reach to grabbed her shoulder, giving her a shock. anna let out a small gasp as her body jumped, startled by it.

she turned around and looked up to joy holding her shoulder, eyes filled with worry. will standing beside her has the same expression.

"we have been calling you for a hundred time-"

"we didn't but go on."

joy shushed will up, giving her a glare while the latter just shrugged. "anyway, the class have just ended like a couple minutes ago.", she refocus her attention on anna.

anna blinked before she nodded, "okay.". she stood up and started packing her stuff while the others two just patiently waited for her.

"sorry for taking too long, we can go now.", says anna as she wore her bag on her back. the three of them walked out the class, taking the same path as they always did.

having a small conversation as they walk, they found out that everyone did well on their test. although joy failed her math, she got a high marks on her history and english.

anna felt ease for a short moment being with them, it make her forgot any bad stuff and comfort her in such a way. but it doesn't last long after they went their separate ways.

she waved at both will and joy, giving them a small smile before entering inside her car. "how's school today?", she heard her mother asked.