twenty-six

twenty-six

'I just wish you would've changed sooner.'

"How're you feeling?" Julie greeted me as I walked into the living room. The fireplace crackled in the silence of the morning as I peeped out the window, watching the snowflakes fall onto the front yard.

"Defeated."

Julie scooted over on the couch and patted the cushion. I wanted to be alone today, I had planned to be alone today but as I started at Julie waiting for me expectantly, I knew being alone today probably wasn't going to be the best option.

Julie wrapped me with her red velvet blanket so the cold wouldn't bite at my skin. It didn't effect me that much, seeing as being with Oliver, I was used to being wrapped in a cold feeling.

"How's Oliver?" I whispered, keeping my face looking straight.

"Aria's with him upstairs right now, actually. Chloe's feeling a bit better now that he's here but I think what she's worried about the most is him, you know, coming back." She shifted in her seat and leaned closer towards me.

Did she home me for what her son was now? Or did she blame Aria? I think I'd feel a lot worse if she had blamed Aria for what happened to Oliver. But to be honest, it wasn't either of our faults. I knew exactly who's fault it was.

"I'll be right back," I said before pushing myself off the couch and allowing the red blanket to fall off my shoulders.

"What's wrong, are you alright?" She asked as she sat up straight.

"Just peachy."

I walked quickly down the basement stairs and into the dungeon for Cameron. Jeremiah stood in front of the one sided window with his arms crossed and a hand on his chin, lost in thought.

"Hey!" I said, placing my hand on his shoulder. He turned around and his face finally turned back to color, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Good morning, Maddy. How'd you sleep?"

"Just fine," I glanced towards the blonde in the bedroom. "Do you mind if I go inside?"

He nodded his head and resumed back to being lost in thought.

I squeezed my way past the man and unlocked the metal door. Pushing open the heavy metal door, Cameron sat up in her bed to look over at the person opening the door.

"Morning," I started to speak before the door slammed shut behind me. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like you care how I slept last night." She scoffed. "All you care about if your stupid little boyfriend — who I'm sure you found last night."