Tough-Lawrence

(Minor spoilers, but I think we all know who did it.)

You opened your e/c eyes, rolling over to face your best friend, Judy.

You stared at her face, calm and peaceful. A stark contrast to the world around you.

You watched her lovingly, she was your rock in this messed up world, the thing that kept you sane, the thing that made you stay the most.

You sighed heavily, and sat up, running your hand through your h/c locks.

Stuffing your hand under your tattered pillow you felt around for the familiar feel of cool metal on your hand. Feeling what you were looking for you you pulled out the pocket knife your father gave you when you were a small child. The last gift he gave you before hell came to earth.

You traced your fingers over the carving of your name, y/n...

"Good morning, darling!" Judy's cheerful voice chirped from beside you. "How did you sleep?"

You looked over to her, a smile finally crossing your face. "I slept great, thank you." You held her big beautiful, purple gaze.

Judy stood up and walked over to the desk next to your shared bed. She picked up her light blue sweater, and pulled it on before turning back to you.

"Thinking about your dad, again?" She asked, walking over to you. "You know there was nothing you could do. It's not your fault."

Tears welled up in your eyes, you avoided her hawk like gaze, instead keeping your gaze glued to the quote you dad always said. "Victory is always obtainable, if you don't stop fighting."

"I shouldn't have run, Judy." You mumbled, "I was a coward, and now... I can't go back. He's gone."

"If you didn't run you would have become just like him. It's what he wanted." She cupped your face, and pulled it up to look into your teary e/c eyes. "You are what makes me so happy, I need you here. Everyone needs you here."

You nodded, snuffling.

Judy hugged you tightly, "We should head down to 1-C." She patted your back, and took your hand leading you to the door of your classroom.

You stuffed the knife into the pocket of your cargo pants.

Judy pushed open the door and lead you down the hallways towards 1-C.

"Oi, good morning ladies." Zions voice echoed down the hall as he approached. You tensed and hunched you back in response.

"You seem to be in a worse mood than usual, y/n." Zion commented, coming up next to you, clapping you gently on the back.

"I'm not in the mood this morning, Zion." You grumbled, glaring at him coldly.

Zion smirked, "Aw, you having a bad day?" He teased, "You just woke up~" He reached out to poke your cheek.

You narrowed your eyes, and twisted his finger back. He yelped and pulled his hand back.

"Fine, fine. I'll leave you alone." Zion shook his hand out.

Judy laughed, and pushed open the door to 1-C. "I'm going to the washroom really quick, I'll be back." She promised, slipping her hand from yours and walking off down the hall.

You sighed, and walked in closely followed by Zion. Zion walked over to sit next to Eugene who sat off to the far side of the room, a bothered look on his face.

You looked over to the front of the room where Lawrence sat, hands folded, his chin resting on them. When you caught his gaze he smiled warmly at you.